51.1813888888899.4441666666667159Koordinaten: 51 ° 10 ' 53 "N, 9 ° 26' 39" E

Wolfershausen is one of 16 districts of the city Felsberg in the Schwalm -Eder-Kreis in Hesse.

Wolfershausen located in the north of Hesse, north-east of the main town on a bend in the Eder. Due to the location of the Eder cycle path.


1061 Wolfershausen is first mentioned in a document of the monastery of Fulda. Abt Widerad of Eppenstein exchanged by a noble lords Irmfried and his wife an estate in the county of maggots and handed this homestead the monastery Decayed. For this exchange were Wolfeshuson, levers and Heßlar. The knight on Wolfershausen were vassals; the tithes they had to hand at the St. Peter's pen in Fritzlar. 1232 moved Landgrave Conrad of Thuringia against Fritzlar. The castle defended by the Knights to Wolfershausen Holy castle was also destroyed in this case. The Archbishop of Mainz, Siegfried III. gave the order to rebuild. This decision left the Lords of Wolfershausen go over to the Landgrave. The reaction of the Mainz brought the Wolfer houses big losses. The of Wolfershausen were reflected in the further course of the story, depending on what was convenient for them, one way or the other. The coat of arms of the noble family, which has a current wolf to the left and contains three rings in the lower part of which dates from the year 1259. The rings indicate Rengshausen, the origin of the family, go. 1273, built by the Lords of Wolfershausen castle was probably destroyed by troops from Mainz Fritzlar and never rebuilt. 1291 the place with the name Wolfer Husen, Wolfi Husen is mentioned. 1357 was called the place Wolfartdeshusen. 1465 acquired the monastery Breitenau the patronage of the church of the noble family of Löwenstein. 1555, the village belonged to the Official Felsberg, from 1585 to the Official Kassel.

On 1 January 1972, the town was incorporated in the course of municipal reform in Hesse in the new community Brunslar. This community came on 1 January 1974 City Felsberg.


In the 12th century, after 1273, a fortified church with a square tower was built on the ruins of the castle ruins. The Gothic nave was built around 1484.


  • The giant stone, a megalithic, which is recognized as a natural monument since 1986.
  • Built in the Gothic style church.