Woringen is a municipality in the Swabian district of Lower Allgäu region and a member of the administrative community Gronenbach.
- 2.1 Population development
- 3.1 Coat of Arms
- 4.1 monuments
- 5.1 Economy, agriculture and forestry
- 5.2 traffic
- 5.3 Formation
Woringen lies in the Danube-Iller region in Upper Swabia, bordering the city limits of Memmingen.
Expansion of the municipal area
The municipal area consists only of the district Woringen.
By Woringen flows from south to north of Zellerbach, which rises in summer mountain and flows into Memmingen Memminger Ach. The Zellerbach was re-opened as part of the village renewal and can now be seen on big parts again within Woringens.
948 the village was first mentioned in a deed of donation to the monastery in Kempten. The Ravensburger citizens Möttelin family, called by Rappenstein, acquired in 1417, the rule in Woringen. The castle and the village came in 1516 at the Free Imperial City of Memmingen. Woringen was Protestant, only the stiftskemptischen subjects in the village remained Catholic. 1547 sold Memmingen in the village to the sub Hospital Foundation. Since the Imperial Diet of 1803 the place belonged to Bavaria. 1806 Woringer Martin church was demolished; the associated Woringer cemetery is still preserved. With the congregation of 1818 the current municipality was formed. In 1863 the railway line Memmingen -Kempten was opened with the Woringen station, which no longer exists.
On the territory of the municipality 2008 1883 and 2009 1903 1970 1306 inhabitants were, 1987 1405, 2000 1661, counted.
Mayor Volker Müller ( Woringer list).
Coat of arms
The coat of arms was approved on December 27, 1974 communication from the Government of Swabia.
Blazon: " Divided by silver and red; forward on green Dreienberg an inverted left black raven, behind a silver double cross. "
The historical rule Woringen was owned by the Ravensburger patrician family Möttelin to Rappenstein, who led the Ravens as speaking crest. 1516 acquired the imperial city of Memmingen, the manorial rights in Woringen and sold it in 1547 to act in the Hospital in Memmingen on, they remained in his possession until the secularization in 1803. This is heraldic in the rear half of the shield by the hospital 's Cross of the Memminger sub Hospitals expressed.
The design and the design of the coat of arms is derived from Memminger Walter Brown.
Culture and sights
→ List of monuments in Woringen
Economy and infrastructure
Economy, agriculture and forestry
It was in 1998 according to official statistics in the field of agriculture and forestry ten, 367 in manufacturing and in trade and transport 72 persons work at the workplace. In other areas, were employed to social security at the workplace 76 people. Social insurance contributions at residence, there were a total of 599 in the manufacturing sector, there were none, in the construction of four plants. In addition, in 1999, there were 47 farms with an agricultural area of 1,067 ha, of which 896 ha of permanent green space. Woringen has on the highway over an industrial estate.
Woringen is connected by its own motorway access to the A 7 and the E 532 (Memmingen - feet ). The county road MN 19 performs the community. The Woringen station on the Iller Valley Railway from Ulm to Kempten ( Allgäu) was shut down in the 20th century.
There are the following facilities (as of 2009):
- Kindergartens: 100 kindergarten places with 67 children
- Elementary schools: 1 with 10 teachers and 171 students