World Wind Energy Association
The World Wind Energy Association ( WWEA ) is an international umbrella organization for the promotion of wind energy. The WWEA was founded in 2001 and has its headquarters in Bonn. Overall, the WWEA has about 250 member organizations, including 65 wind energy associations at the national level, nearly 50 scientific research institutions and more than 120 companies in the wind energy industry (2009).
2007 accredited to the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations WWEA as non-governmental organization with special consultative status. Thus the erlang WWEA the right to participate in international conferences organized by the United Nations with regard to renewable energy, and may require the consultation in the development of guidelines.
Conferences and Publications
The WWEA hold an annual scientific conference with accompanying exhibition on wind power, the World Wind Energy Conference ( WWEC ). Proceedings will be published by the WWEA.
- WWEC 2012, under the theme " Community Power - Citizens 'Power ' of 3 - July 5, 2012 in Bonn take place.
- WWEC 2011 took place from 31 October to 2 November 2011 in Cairo under the theme "Greening Energy: Converting Deserts into Powerhouses " instead.
- WWEC 2010 took place in Istanbul.
- WWEC 2009 was held on the South Korean island of Jeju -do.
- WWEC 2008 was the 7th Conference, took place in Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
- WWEC 2007 was the 6th Conference, was held in Argentina, and had 600 participants.
- WWEC 2006 was the fifth conference was held in New Delhi.
- WWEC in 2005 was the fourth conference was held in Melbourne.
- WWEC 2004 was the third conference was held in Beijing, and was associated with more than 2,000 participants, the largest wind power conference outside of Europe and North America.
- WWEC 2003 was the second conference took place in Cape Town.
- WWEC 2002 was the first conference was held in Berlin.
Since 2005, The WWEA is the bi-annual publication series wind energy out internationally.