- ÖVP: 12
- SPÖ: 3
Wundschuh is a municipality in Styria, in the district of Graz-Umgebung with 1532 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013 ) on an area of 12.75 km ².
- 2.1 Coat of Arms
- 4.1 traffic
- 5.1 Museums
- 5.2 parish
- 5.3 Structures
Wundschuh is located in Graz Basin at the Kaiser forest. The community is located about 12 km south of the state capital Graz. To the west of the municipality are the Forster pond Neuteich, the Wundschuh pond Poniglteich and Menissteich.
The municipality comprises the cadastral (area 2001) Box 607.85 ha and 668.43 ha Wundschuh or from the following villages (population 2011): Forest (132 ), degree field (174 ), Box ( 354) Ponigl (116 ) and Wundschuh ( 739 ).
Wundschuh lies together with its neighboring communities Kalsdorf and wide village in the catchment area of former volcanoes that were active in the Miocene epoch, about 10 million years. They are not visible on the surface, but at a hole the volcanic rock andesite was already at a depth 33-35 m found. It is the volcano of Kalsdorf attributed.
The first church in Wundschuh likely to have been built around 1100. The territory belonged to the rule of Neuschloß. The abolition of the manorial system was carried out in 1848., The local church as an autonomous body was established in 1850. After the annexation of Austria in 1938 the congregation to Reichsgau Styria came from 1945 to 1955 it was part of the British zone of occupation in Austria.
Coat of arms
The community Wundschuh received with effect from 1 July 1965, the right to bear a coat of arms municipality awarded. Description of coat of arms: In a green shield with a silver, used with a black, gold-crowned, rotbezungten snake pile which is on either side accompanied by a silver, growing from the plate edge spruce tree.
Mayor Karl Brodschneider (ÖVP ). The council is made up after the elections of 2010 are as follows:
Economy and infrastructure
Wundschuh region has a well- connected. The Phyrn motorway (A9) is tangent to the municipal area in the east and is the connection point Wundschuh (199 ) can be achieved. The Grazer Straße ( B67 ) from Graz to Leibnitz is about 3 km away.
In Wundschuh there is no train station. The nearest train station is in Werndorf and is about 2 km away. It provides access to the southern runway with hourly train connections to Graz and Leibnitz.
Graz Airport is about 7 km away.
Culture and sights
The Farmers' Museum Experimence Reczek is the largest of its kind in Austria ( see links).
The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas, the patron saint of the castaways consecrated. She was a branch church of the parish Hengsberg 1785 it was even elevated to parish. The church was rebuilt in Baroque forms of 1912-1915, a late Gothic building only the foundations of the tower are obtained, where a stone is dated 1497. The Baroque interior comes from the old church. At the vicarage from 1881 a Roman stone walled, a Marian column is from 1863.
Neuschloss Castle is a baroque building from the mid-18th century south-east of Wundschuh. 1265 already a courtyard of the Prince was called there, under the Emperor Frederick III. the plant was transformed together with the fish ponds at Wundschuh and was from 1643 to 1780 in the possession of the Counts of Dietrichsteinplatz, this owner built the plant from the Neugeschloß. The original two-storey building was then extended to include a third floor still 1804-1809. Since 1805 Neuschloss heard the Count of Enffans d' Avernas.