Wust - Fischbeck is a kreisangehorige municipality in the district of Stendal in Saxony- Anhalt, on 1 January 2010 from the formerly independent communities Wust and Fischbeck (Elbe ) was formed.

The community Wust - Fischbeck belongs to the municipality Elbe- Havel -Land.

Community structure

  • Briest
  • Fischbeck (Elbe )
  • Kabelitz
  • Melkow
  • Sydow


The municipality is located in the district Fischbeck.

Parish council

The local council of Wust - Fischbeck sat down after the local elections of 7 June 2009, nine representatives of five of the CDU, three from the left and a single candidate. The community association Elbe- Havel -Land are in June 2013 to a different composition: five representatives of the CDU and the WG Wust, two of the left and a Einzelbewereberin.

Coat of arms

Designed by the Magdeburg graduate designer Ernst Albrecht Fiedler coat of arms was approved on 5 July 2010 by the district of Stendal.

Blazon: "In the wave cut diagonally divided gold over blue, back up a seated black cat with erect tail, front down a staged after the division linkshin floating golden fish, at the graduation on front up and back down in confused tinctures each one traveled by the division line group of four (2-2 ) six-pointed stars, while the front lower star each group below, the remaining three above the division. "

The colors of the community are - derived from the colors of the plate division - gold ( yellow) and blue.


The flag is yellow - blue ( 1:1) striped ( horizontal format: strip horizontally extending, longitudinal Format: strip running vertically ) and centrally occupied with the municipal coat of arms.


  • Village churches in the districts

Romanesque village church in Melkow

Early Gothic village church in Briest

The village church in the district Melkow was built around 1200 and belonged to the Romanesque monastery Jerichow to 1726 King Frederick William I of the right of patronage of Hans Heinrich von Katte and his descendants gave. The equipment of the church was lost by plundering in the Thirty Years' War. 1953, probably originating from an abandoned church, Romanesque sandstone baptismal font was set up ( in 1200 ). The church belongs to the Romanesque Road.

The village church in the district Briest was built around 1300 as an early Gothic, towerless chapel. Since 1985 she has been home of the puppet stage.

The late Romanesque village church in the district Sydow was built in the mid 13th century. In the 18th century a Herrschaftsloge was installed. A former wooden tower construction in 1949 replaced with the current tower.

The History Circle & puppet stage in the parish Wulkow / Wust ( GuM ) cares except the Romanesque village churches in the districts Wust, Melkow and Sydow also to the early Gothic village church in the district of Briest and the Romanesque churches in wholesale and Kleinwulkow in the community Wulkow. 2006 was awarded the silver medal of the GuM e by the Tourism Saxony-Anhalt V. awarded Romanesque price.