The Wyden castle stands on the territory of the municipality in the canton of Zurich Ossingen in Switzerland. The building stands as a B object ( middle of the three protection levels ) under cantonal monument and is included in the inventory of estimable townscapes Switzerland.
The plant is located at the output of Lattenbach ravine and served the mastery of Thurtales. It was rebuilt several times. The oldest part, a defense tower, dates from the 13th century. At that time she served the Habsburg service man narrowness of Bad Widen, who used this castle from 1243 to 1325. After that she was in possession of various Schaffhauser patricians. A well-known lord of the castle from the 15th century was Hans I. Gries Home, who took part in various battles against the Confederates in the Old Zurich War. Between 1650 and 1798 it was the seat of the bailiff of Winterthur. One of these men was the official painter Felix Meyer. In the summer of 1880 a congress of the German socialists took place here, since a meeting in Germany had become impossible because of the Anti-Socialist Law of 1878. In 1903 the castle was purchased by Max Huber. It is now owned by his descendants, and to this day serves as a private residence.
The building was heavily damaged in the crash of an American bomber in 1944, but then renovated and built by the architect Max Ernst Haefeli, Werner Max Moser and Rudolf Steiger again.
The square castle tower is covered with a renewed tent roof since the 18th century. The stair turret on the tower dates from the 15th century. On three sides of the residential buildings are radially grown. To the south extends the former farm, which is now provided with a timber superstructure. Here is the former chapel. To the northeast of the residential wing is attached, which was built in the second half of the 15th century and 1894-95 increased. To the west is the new residential wing from 1903 to 1904. He was attached to the east wall of the aborted 1875 Knight house, which was built in the mid 15th century. The east upstream bailey now serves as a farmyard. Here is a barn and Trotte with stepped gable from the 15th century and a gardener's cottage, which was built in 1550 as a barn.