The village is located in Eastern Pomerania, about eight kilometers north of Slupsk ( Stolp ), four kilometers east of Ustka ( Stolpmünde ) and 111 kilometers west of the regional capital Gdańsk ( Gdańsk).
The village has the historic village form a line village. In 1485 the manor was owned by the family Schwawe, then it belonged to the Ramel family. The owners changed several times then. 1786 Weitenhagen passed to the Bandemer family. Around 1784, there were Weitenhagen a total of 38 households two outworks, a preacher, a preacher widow's house, ten farmers, three Kossäten, a restaurant on the field mark at the outflow of the creek Freichow in the Baltic Sea, a water mill and near the Baltic Sea beach three fishermen's cottages. In 1925 were in Weitenhagen 58 houses. 1939 were counted in the village of 458 inhabitants living in 100 households.
Before the end of the Second World War, the village belonged to the district of Stolp Weitenhagen in the administrative region of Pomerania Pomerania.
Towards the end of the Second World War, the region was occupied on 8 May 1945 by the Red Army and subsequently placed under Polish administration. On August 1, 1945, a church office was built by the Poles. After immigration began Polish families of houses and farms seized. Up to four families who remained in the village for the time being, the German inhabitants were transported to 1947 in the west.
In 2008 lived in Wytowno 360 inhabitants.
Personalities: sons and daughters of the town
- Wilhelm von Bandemer (1861-1914), landowner and member of the Prussian House of Lords