Xcaret is a water amusement park in the Mexican state of Quintana Roo, where the fall of 2005 took place the presentation of the MTV Latin Music Awards.
Xcaret is located south of Playa del Carmen on the 307 freeway, and just 45 minutes south of Cancun, from where also organized bus tours.
To reach the park is also directly through the Hotel Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret, which is located next door. From there you can be brought to the park by a small canal with a boat. However, this is only permitted travelers.
The park is nestled in a tropical landscape, and all the buildings are modeled on the Mayan style. Center of the complex is a kind of musical theater, which is modeled on a ball court at that time Maya sites. The audience sits there like in a stadium for a place around, on the nightly a two-hour, statements show takes place, representing the history of the conquest of Mexico and the cultural differences of the different Mexican regions and states in the more than 100 artists. The show is this shaped by actors and descendants of the Maya.
Xcaret also offers the opportunity to swim with dolphins. The park is also home to a large sea turtle farm where the animals are bred and raised to secure the survival of the species.
At a length of about one kilometer, from one end of the land to another, an underground river, which can be swum extends.
Otherwise, the park offers the following:
- Several smaller shows about the traditions and the history of Mexico and the Maya
- A variety of exotic, traditional Mexican animals
- A Caribbean beach with hammocks and palm trees
- Water activities, such as Scuba diving and snorkeling
- Spa for massages and a traditional Mayan sauna
- A Mayan museum with information about the largest Mayan archaeological sites and their history and architecture
- Haughty observation tower
- Mushroom and orchid farm and Agavenplantagen
- Rafting on the half underground river
- Place of traditions with the famous Mexican high performers
- Restaurants with different food themes