Xuzhou (Chinese徐州 市, pinyin Xuzhou Shì ) is a prefecture-level city in the north of east China's Jiangsu Province. Your administrative area has an area of 11,257 km ² and approximately 8.58 million inhabitants; in the five boroughs of the city closer lived 3.05 million inhabitants ( end of 2010).
At county level, Xuzhou sets of five districts, three counties and two independent cities together. These are:
- City District Yunlong (云龙 区), 118 km ², 290,000 inhabitants ( 2004), center, seat of the city government;
- City Gulou District (鼓楼 区), 212 km ², 380,000 inhabitants (2004);
- Municipality Jiawang (贾汪 区), 690 km ², 430,000 inhabitants ( 2010);
- Municipality Quanshan (泉山区), 62 km ², 430,000 inhabitants (2004);
- Municipality Tongshan (铜 山区), 1856 km ², 1.14 million inhabitants ( 2010), capital: greater community Tongshan (铜 山镇);
- Circle Feng (丰县), 1446 km ², 960,000 million inhabitants ( 2010), capital: greater community Fengcheng (凤 城镇);
- Pei County (沛县), 1349 km ², 1.14 million inhabitants ( 2010), capital: greater community Peicheng (沛 城镇);
- Suining county (睢宁县), 1767 km ², 1.04 million inhabitants ( 2010), capital: greater community Suicheng (睢 城镇);
- City PiZhou (邳州 市), 2088 km ², 1.46 million inhabitants ( 2010);
- Xinyi City (新沂 市), 1571 km ², 920,000 inhabitants ( 2010).
The municipality Jiuli was disbanded in May 2010 and distributed to the municipalities Gulou, Quanshan and Tongshan.
- Municipality Jiuli (九 里 区), 98 km ², 198,000 inhabitants (2004);
Xuzhou is a transportation hub, which by highways and railways with Shanghai, Lianyungang and Jinan ( Shandong) and Zhengzhou (Henan ) and has a national airport.
Xuzhou since 1994 twin city of Bochum ( Business-related twinning ) and Leoben. Since November 2005, she is also a partner city in the Thuringian capital of Erfurt. Since 2012 Xuzhou sister city of Morgantown, West Virginia, USA.
The Xuzhou Museum ( Xuzhou Bowuguan ) houses among many clay figurines from the Han period and other jade treasures, the two jade - dead clothes of Prince Liu Sheng ( 155-113 BC) and of Princess Tou Wan, 1968 in the Han tombs have been found in Mancheng.