Yasu (Japanese野 洲 市, -shi ) is a city in Shiga Prefecture in Japan.
On October 17, 1911, the Mura Yasu (野 洲 村, -mura ) in the same gun for Chō Yasu (野 洲 町, -chō ). On May 20, 1942 was Mikami (三 上 村, -mura ) (筱 原 村, -mura ) in Yasu -gun and incorporated on April 1, 1955 Gio (只 王村, -mura ) and Shinohara in Yasu. The appointment to Shi place on 1 October 2004 with the merger of the Chō Yasu and parts of Chūzu (中 主 町, -chō ) from the Yasu -gun, which was thereupon be dissolved.
- Kinshoku -ji (锦 织 寺, Buddhist Temple )
- Street: National Highway 8, to Kyoto and Niigata
- National Road 477
- JR Tōkaidō Main Line ( Biwako Line), to Tokyo or Kobe
Sons and daughters of the town
- Kitamura Kigin (1624-1705), poet
- Takanori Nishikawa (born 1970 ), pop singer
- Clinton Township, Michigan
Adjacent Cities and Towns