Yrjö is a Finnish male first name.
Origin and Meaning
Yrjö is a Finnish form of George. Variants are Jyrki, Jyri, Jori and Yrjänä.
Finland: April 23 Orthodox: January 8th?
Bearers of the name
- Yrjö Asikainen (1928-2008), Finnish football player
- Yrjö Edelmann ( born 1942 ), Swedish artist and illustrator
- Yrjö Engeström (* 1948), a Finnish educator and professor
- Yrjö Hakanen ( born 1952 ), Finnish politician
- Yrjö Kilpinen (1892-1959), Finnish composer
- Yrjö Leino (1897-1961), Finnish politician
- Yrjö Lindegren (1900-1952), Finnish architect
- Yrjö Nikkanen (1914-1985), Finnish athlete
- Yrjö Rantanen ( b. 1950 ), Finnish chess grandmaster
- Yrjö Saarela (1884-1951), Finnish wrestler and Olympic champion
- Yrjö Väisälä (1891-1971), Finnish astronomer and physicist
- Yrjö - Jahnsson Award, Award for European economists
- ( 2804 ) Yrjö, an asteroid of the main belt, named after Yrjö Väisälä
- Male first name
- Finnish personal name