Zauggenried [ ˌ tsaʊkənri ː d] until December 31, 2013 municipality in the Bern-Mittelland administrative district in the canton of Bern in Switzerland. On 1 January 2014, merged Zauggenried with the former municipalities Büren, Etzelkofen, Count Ried, Limpach, Mülchi and Schalunen for Township woman fountain.
Zauggenried is located at 500 m above sea level. M., 7 km west of Burgdorf and 15 km north- northeast of the capital of the canton of Bern ( straight line ). The scattered village extends slightly increased on the western edge of the flood plain of the river Emme, at the Urtenen in Fraubrunnenmoos, the Swiss Plateau.
The area of 3.7 km ² large municipality area includes a portion of the central Bernese Mittelland, with only very minor relief differences. The area is traversed by the canalised and straightened Urtenen from south to north. In Zauggenried part of Urtenen is derived through the channel of Mülibachs for female fountain. The northeastern part of the municipality lies in the plane of the Southern woman fountain moss and extends to the edge of the fountain - woman Rüdtligen forest. To the southwest, the communal land (M. 515 m above sea level. ) Extends over the plateau of the mediator field to the edge of the plateau of Rapperswil. On the wooded hill Loon is 545 m above sea level. M. reached the highest elevation of Zauggenried. From the municipality surface 1997 6 % came from settlements, 24 % of forest and woody plants, 69 % in agriculture and somewhat less than 1% was unproductive land.
To Zauggenried include various individual farms. Neighboring communities of Zauggenried were up 31 December 2013 Mrs wells, core Ried, Münchringen, Jegenstorf and Count Ried.
With 310 inhabitants ( 31 December 2012) Zauggenried one of the small communities of the Canton of Bern. Of the residents 99.0 % are German, 0.3% French-speaking and 0.3 % speak Portuguese (as of 2000). The population of Zauggenried amounted in 1850 to 377 residents in 1900 to 355 inhabitants. During the 20th century, the population increased to 1980 slightly to 288 people. Since then, a slight increase in population was recorded in total again.
The council consists of 5 members (2 women and 3 men, as of October 2006), the political majority of the SVP members or related parties. The local council is headed by the mayor. As the highest church organ they usually decides twice a year on the accruing to businesses. The parish clerk and the financial manager officials in part-time jobs and are responsible for the administrative and financial matters of the church.
The voting shares of the parties at the national elections of 2011 were: BDP 32.5 %, SVP 30.6 %, 11.4 % GPS, SP 11.3 %, 5.8 % glp, FDP 2.4 %, 2.1 % EPP, CVP 0.4 %, EDU 0.4 %.
In the 17th century there was a joint school with the neighboring village of Ried core. Today, the lower primary classes in the association of the two communities are taught in separate school buildings. Similarly, a kindergarten is conducted in Kernenried for pre-school children. Zauggenried is also the Oberstufenzentrum woman well connected. The students of the 7th to 9th school year, therefore, complete the lessons in woman fountain, at primary or secondary level.
Zauggenried was until the second half of the 20th century, mainly coined by farming village. Even today, the farming, fruit growing, animal husbandry and forestry have an important place in the economic structure of the population. More jobs are in small local manufacturing and services available, including one operating in the construction industry and in a company for satellite technology. In recent decades, the village has developed into a residential community. Many workers are therefore commuters who work mainly in the larger towns in the area as well as in the agglomeration of Bern.
The community is located off of the larger passage axes at a connecting road from Frauenbrunnen to Burgdorf. The nearest links to the A1 ( Bern- Zurich ) is located approximately 4 km from the town center. By Buskurs, which operates direct flight from woman fountain to Burgdorf, Zauggenried is connected to the public transport network.
In Roman times, a military road from Burgdorf about Ried said to have led to the Limpachtal. Later coins found in the municipality agree that the Romans were staying here or are pulled through.
The first written mention of the village was 867 under the name of reeds; 1380 Zouggenriet is preserved. The place name is derived from the Old High German word Riod ( clearing). To distinguish it from other towns of the same name, the family name Zaugg has been added.
Since the Middle Ages, Zauggenried was owned by the Counts of Kyburg, however, came in the 14th century the property of the Cistercian monastery woman fountain. As of 1406 the village was under Bernese sovereignty and was after the secularization of the abbey Frauenbrunnen assigned in 1528 the bailiwick wife fountain in the district court Zollikofen. Country Weibel Bendicht Niklaus von Zauggenried led as commander on March 5, 1798 Landwehr battalion at the battle of Frauenbrunnen against Napoleon's troops - he was killed on the battlefield. After the collapse of the Ancien Régime (1798 ) Zauggenried belonged during the Helvetic Republic to the district Zollikofen and from 1803 to Oberamt Mrs. Fountain, received the status of an office district with the new cantonal constitution of 1831.
With its typical farmhouses of the Bernese country style from the 18th and 19th centuries and the associated, original granaries from the 17th and 18th centuries Zauggenried has retained a character which is of national importance. The village does not have its own church, it belongs to the parish Grafenried woman fountain.