Ždaňa ( until 1927 slovak " Zdana "; Hungarian Hernádzsadány - to 1902 Zsadány ) is a municipality in eastern Slovakia. It lies at the foot of the mountain Slanské Hills in Košice kotlina ( Košice basin) at the maturity of the Hornád, about 15 km from Košice, near the border with Hungary.
The village was mentioned in 1222 for the first time in writing as Sudan.
In the 19th and 20th century the town was the seat of a chair district administration within the Hungarian county Abaúj- Torna.
Until 1918, the municipality in the county Abaúj- Torna the Kingdom of Hungary belonged and then came to the newly formed Czechoslovakia. By the First Vienna Award she came from 1938 to 1945 for a short time again to Hungary.