Cold water, Polish Zimna Wódka, is a town in Upper Silesia in the community Ujest in powiat Strzelecki in the Opole Voivodeship.
Cold water is located six kilometers northwest of the municipality seat Ujest, 8 kilometers south of the county town of Strzelce ( United Strehlitz ) and 38 kilometers southeast of the Opole voivodship ( Opole ).
For cold water include the hamlet Buczek ( Butschek ) and Wesołów ( Wesolow ).
Cold water was first mentioned on May 25, 1223. 1260 was followed by a mention as " Zimnowodca " and in 1376 in the church records as " Caldeborn ".
1858, the first school in the village was built. 1910 lived 725 inhabitants in the village. In the referendum on March 20, 1921 voted 70 voters to remain in Germany and 181 for Poland. However, cold water remained with the German Reich. 1925 lived in the village of 696 inhabitants in 1933 and 676 inhabitants. By 1945, the place was in the district of Great Strehlitz.
In 1945 the previously German place under Polish administration, was renamed Zimna Wódka and joined the Silesian Voivodeship. In 1950, the town is part of the Opole Voivodeship and 1999 of the re-established powiat Strzelecki. On 28 August 2006, the cold water was in the German community Ujest, plays, introduced as a second official language. On 15 August 2008 around 17:00 the place flowed a cyclone that launched earlier immediately southwest of the village, and damaged 15 plots. This then moved by Schironowitz on. In November 2008, the City also received the official German place names cold water.
- The Magdalene church, a grist wooden church from 1524
- German Friendship Circle
- Village renewal of the group " Odnowa Wsi Opolskiej " program