Zirzow is a municipality in the district of Mecklenburg Lake District Mecklenburg -Vorpommern ( Germany ). The community is managed by the Office Neverin based in Neverin.
- 5.1 Road Access
Zirzow is located about six kilometers west of Neubrandenburg on the Moränenplatte between the valleys of Tollense and Malliner creek.
Zirzow was first mentioned as Siritzowe in 1230 as a possession of the monastery Broda documented. The place name " Zirzow " is of Slavic origin and means something like "place of Sirisa ". After the secularization of the monastery of the congregation domain of the Duchy of Mecklenburg was.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms was approved on 18 September 2001 by the Home Office and registered under No. 252 of the coat of arms role of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
Blazon: " Argent, a vierspeichiges, twelve -blade liges red mill wheel, about three (1:2) five-petalled, goldbesamte red roses with green sepals. "
The coat of arms was designed by the Neubrandenburg Lothar Herpich.
→ See also List of monuments in Zirzow
- Zirzower mill with Schaukraftwerk
- Malliner Bachtal
- Late Gothic stone church in Zirzow from the 15th century
- Riesenstein Zirzow
- Watermill in Zirzow Mill
Economy and infrastructure
Although the B 104 crosses the municipality, but does not pass through the place, as well as the railway line Biitzow - Szczecin.
- Enoch Zander (1873-1957), German zoologist and bee watchers