The community Zislow is a municipality in the western part of the Mecklenburg Lake District Mecklenburg -Vorpommern ( Germany ). It is administered by the Office Malchow, located in the eponymous city.
To Zislow include the districts Suckow and Langenstücken. Suckow is a relationship of agriculture village. Within the village there is a larger stable system.
Geography and transport
The municipality is located in southern Mecklenburg -Western Pomerania, on the eastern shore of Lake Plau and south of Malchow. Within the municipal territory is larger than the Great Lake Pätschssee. Large parts of the church are covered with coniferous forests.
Near the east of the community leads the federal motorway 19 of Wittstock to Rostock, which can be reached via the junction goods or Robel / Müritz. Federal highway 198 runs south of the community. The next, is exploiting dividend still in operation, railway station located in the town of Malchow.
From the 7th to the 9th century, the area was settled Slavic. Evidence of the Slavic Wall Zislow on the west bank of the Great Pätschsees.
Both Zislow itself and the district Suckow were originally Slavic settlements, first mentioned they were in 1255 or 1344. 1338 for the first time today Wüstung Clippatendorpe was mentioned.
The landmark of Zislow is the village church, consecrated in 1749, was reflected in the rare form as octagonal timber-frame building ( octagon ) presented and renovated in 1990. Now in season, readings and concerts in it instead. Also open-air concerts are held in the summer on the grounds of surrounding the chapel and the church cemetery.
At the cemetery in Suckow has three war graves of two well-known and an unknown soldier. There also Martin Schiele is buried. At the end of the village of Suckow is an old manor house, whose individual apartments are rented.