Žlutava is located on the right side above the valley of March in the northeastern foothills of the Mars Mountains on the edge of the natural park Chřiby. East of the village flows the Dřevnice in March. To the north rises the Tresný (278 m), to the east the Dubová (307 m) and west of the Sudná (344 m). Against the southwest lies the sandstone quarry Žlutava.
Neighboring towns are Roma Nice and Bělov in the north, Bahňák in the northeast, Otrokovice and Kvítkovice in the east, Pod Dubovou, Oldrichovice, Pohořelice and Napajedla in the southeast, Žlaby, Šardice, Zadřínové, Kateřinice and Halenkovice in the south, Kržle the southwest, Kozinec and Kostelany in the West and Nová Dědina, Podkoryta and Kopaniny in the northwest.
Archaeological finds indicate a prehistoric settlement in the area. This includes several storage locations of mammoth hunters of the Paleolithic, and other finds from the Neolithic, Bronze Age and the period of the Great Moravian Empire.
Žlutava was founded in the second half of the 17th century by John of red valley. The first written mention of belonging to the reign Napajedla village was in 1671 under the name Zutowa. Until the mid-19th century Zutowa remained subservient always Napajedla.
After the abolition of patrimonial Zutowa / Zuttaw formed in 1850 a municipality in the district team Uherské Hradiště. In 1863, the entire village was burned down. 1866 Prussian troops dragged a cholera at the within two weeks died 76 inhabitants. In 1872, the community was called Žlutava, from 1881 as Žlutavy and from 1885 as Žutavy. The construction of the road from Napajedla about Žutavy the stately sandstone quarry was 1885. In 1892 the elementary school was built. Today's local name Žlutava is in use since 1893. On the village green there was the so-called wash, a 4 x 3 m wide and five feet deep pit. It served the village women for washing laundry and diapers and for cleaning utensils from agricultural manure. Because of the risk posed by the contamination of the laundry adjacent drinking fountain there was an outbreak of dysentery. As a result of the epidemic, in which twelve people died, the laundry was filled in 1902. In 1902, the volunteer fire department founded. The following year, the construction of the road was carried out according Bělov. In 1930, 880 people lived in the community. After the establishment of the Bata works in Otrokovice a part of the inhabitants found there a job. In 1954, the population had grown to 1040. Ten years later, the village had 1106 inhabitants. As of 1950, the village belonged to okres Gottwaldov - okolí and from 1961 to okres Gottwaldov, the back bears the name okres Zlín since 1990. The sand quarry is now sro of the Kamenolom Žlutava operated.
For the community Žlutava no districts are reported. To Žlutava include the settlements Kozinec, Roma Nice and Žlaby.
- Church of Sts. Cyril and Methodius, built in 1939 on the village green instead of a bell tower
- Chapel on the Sudná in Oberndorf
- Two powerful Linden that grows in front of the elementary school, the other next to the chapel a
- Monument to the fallen of the First World War on the freedom Linde, built in 1929
- Memorial stone for TG Masaryk, it was built 1938 on the village green