Zollikofen is a municipality in the Bern-Mittelland administrative district in the canton of Bern in Switzerland.
Zollikofen is located about five kilometers north of Bern. Adjacent municipalities: to the north Münchenbuchsee, in the south of the city of Berne ( with the Aare River as a border ), in the southeast Ittigen, in the west and southwest Kirchlindachstrasse Bremgarten near Bern.
- The highest point of the town: 594 m above sea level. M. ( in Meielenwald )
- Lowest point of the town: 490 m above sea level. M. ( in Reichenbach an der Aare )
In the last ice age, which ended about 14,000 years ago, was about Zollikofen a 350 meter thick ice. The landscape in space Zollikofen has been significantly influenced by the ice ages.
The medieval castle Reichenbach originated most probably from a Roman river fort, which stood in connection with the castrum on the narrow peninsula.
The rule of Reichenbach with their fairy tales, forests, waters and inhabited localities was founded in the early 14th century by Rudolf von Erlach, the winner of Laupen. This was followed by several changes of ownership. It existed until 1830 and is today's municipality Zollikofen identical.
Beat Fischer, the founder of the Swiss postal or courier system ( Fischer's post ) built in 1688 on the site of the former castle, the Schloss Reichenbach in Italian Baroque style.
When the French moved into Bern after the last battle in the gray timber in 1798, changed the rule Reichenbach. The manorial rights fell away, and the new political entity called Zollikofen. In the year 1811 Zollikofen broke away from the rule of Reichenbach and became an independent municipality with around 500 inhabitants. The first council was the chief official of the Office District, today government governor used. The Fischer's post was nationalized after the founding of the Swiss Confederation and included in the PTT.
From 1918 the political parties began to exercise their civic duties increased. By 1976, the council exclusively SVP, SP and FDP were represented. As of 1918, the SP dominated the council with five of nine seats to 1947, since 1948 represent the bourgeois parties SVP and FDP usually with five to six seats in the majority. In 1939, the church was completed Zollikofen. Previously Zollikofen belonged to the parish Bremgarten - Zollikofen. The strong increase in population made their own church necessary.
1964 Big council (parliament) was introduced with 40 seats in Zollikofen. Three years before the Confederation decided in 1968, the voters, the voting and election law should henceforth also the women are entitled. The end of 1990 counted Zollikofen 6277 voters. In 2000 Zollikofen had approximately 9500 inhabitants. The council no longer consists of nine, but seven members since 2005. The 10,000 th population was greeted on March 20, 2008.
- SP: 9
- GFL: 5
- EPP: 2
- CVP: 2
- BDP: 4
- FDP: 6
- Independently: 1.
- SVP: 11
The Big council is the legislative branch Zollikofens. It comprises 40 members and is elected every four years by means of a proportional representation. The left graph shows the current distribution of seats of the community council ( election results November 25, 2012 ).
The council is the executive Zollikofens, he has seven members. With the exception of the mayor, the municipal councils are working part-time. The voters of Zollikofen approved in the vote on 23 November 1997, the conversion of the municipality of the Bureau to the full Office. First full-time mayor was on 1 January 2001 Stefan Funk. The municipal council is elected every four years by proportional system ( the same as the Great council ), the mayor is elected in contrast Majorzverfahren.
The voter shares of the parties at the national elections of 2011 were: SVP 23.2%, SP 20.2%, BDP 15.3%, FDP 11.9%, 10.2%, GPS, glp 5.6%, CVP 3.9 %, EPP 3.5%, EDU 2.1%.
With 10,000 residents and nearly 5,000 jobs Zollikofen is a commercial center close to Bern and belongs to the low-tax municipalities in the canton.
Even if only a few farmers are active in the community, nature dominates with hills, meadows, forests, streams and the river Aare the landscape. Zollikofen bears the label " Energy City ".
Government focus of the municipal council is to promote Zollikofens as simultaneous residence and workplace. There are day-school and nursery in Zollikofen.
Zollikofen is accessible by public transport ( tram and bus ); responsible for the fine distribution of local bus runs every fifteen minutes. Also, the post bus on the Bern - Kirchlindachstrasse - Zollikofen serving the industrial zone and the blind school, goes to the rush hours every quarter hour. The municipal area of Zollikofen are the train stops Unterzollikofen, Steinibach and Oberzollikofen. The most important transportation hub, the railway station Zollikofen, located on the municipal boundary and lies partly in the field of the neighboring community Münchenbuchsee. The redesigned train station houses the ticket sales office and kiosk. He is holding location for trains of BLS AG (BLS ) and of the Bern -Solothurn (RBS ). From here also the RBS bus runs by the river and Münchenbuchsee, Hüslimoos direction Buren.
In Schoenbuehl the port is located on the A1 and A6 direction Biel / Bienne.
There are a kindergarten, a primary school, secondary education as well as a day school in Zollikofen. There are also the following specialized training centers:
- Training centers Inforama, education and consulting center Rütti
- Swiss poultry farming school ( Aviforum )
- Swiss College of Agriculture
- Swiss Federal Institute for Vocational Training ( EHB)
- School for blind and partially sighted children and young people -
- Professional, technical and training school Bern ( BFF)
- Occupation Preparatory school year ( BVS )
- Suissetec ( Swiss- Liechtenstein Gebäudetechnikverband )
- School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences ( Hafl; Berner Fachhochschule )
- Built in 1688 Schloss Reichenbach
- Bern Temple, first erected in Europe Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- The hamlet Bühlikofen
Coat of arms
In the upper part of the coat of arms of Zollikofen there are two lions, each with a curved knife Gerber, be on the bottom in a white box nine beech leaves. The two lions are taken from the crest of the Bernese Ober- Venner companies Gerwern and means lion, which by 1409 had on the administration of the district court Zollikofen in hands. The lower part of the emblem represents the former district court coat of arms
- Peter Eichenberger (* 1939), politician, former Surgeon General of the Army
- Corinne Schmid Hauser (born 1964 ), ski racer and politician