Zona Franca (Barcelona)
The Zona Franca in Barcelona ( Catalan also Polígon Industrial de la Zona Franca ), is an industrial and logistics district in the municipality of Sants -Montjuïc. Connected to it are the Parc Logistic de Actividades Logisticas ( Spanish Zona Franca de Actividades Logisticas ). The Zona Franca is strategically located between the port and the airport of Barcelona, and is limited among others by the Autovia C-31.
Neighboring towns are La Marina de Sants, El Prat de Llobregat and L' Hospitalet de Llobregat. The under construction line L9 Barcelona Metro is led to the Zona Franca and this will connect to the city center and other urban area.
Companies in the Zona Franca
- In the Zona Franca one of the first car factories in Spain was completed by the SEAT was founded in 1950 in 1953 and started production. First there was the SEAT 1400 A from the tape. 5 vehicles were manufactured from almost 1,000 workers per day. After the takeover of SEAT by Volkswagen AG, the production was moved to new headquarters in Martorell. Today ( August 2011) were punched sheet metal parts for only four models in the halls of SEAT of about 1200 workers.
- A special feature is a collection of the company SEAT in building 122, which contains all vehicles and prototypes produced by the company so far. In 2011, the preserved vehicles for the public not accessible.
- The company Nissan Motor Ibérica is located in the Zona Franca and produced here, the model Nissan Pathfinder.
- The Spanish subsidiary Bruguer the global corporation AkzoNobel in the Zona Franca one of their three locations for the production of paints.
- The company Abertis ( Infrastructuras Abertis, SA ) operates the Zona Fanca and has their headquarters here