Żychlin [ ʒɨxlin ] is a town in Poland in Lodz Province. The city is the seat of the homonymous urban and rural community.
- 2.1 Coat of Arms
The first evidence of a permanent settlement on the site of the present Żychlin date from the period of 1306-1331. The place belonged to the Szlachtafamilie Lubicz. In 1331 there was already a parish in place. In the same year the town was burned by Prussians and became the property of Żychliński family who remained until 1397 owners. The exact date of the award of the municipal law is not known, but lay before 1397th From 1419 dates the oldest evidence of a city council. Sigismund I granted the city in 1542, the first commercial privilege. During the Swedish - Polish War, the town was destroyed several times during the years 1655-1657. 1707 to 1713 the plague raged in the city. 1774 opened a private school. As a consequence of the Second Partition of Poland in 1793, the city was part of Prussia. With the establishment of the Duchy of Warsaw Żychlin was the same part and 1815, then part of Congress Poland. 1828 opened the local primary school. 1852 cholera broke out in the city. The connection to the rail network was 1862. 1870 lost the place its charter. Twelve years later, a fire brigade was founded in Żychlin. During the First World War the city was occupied in 1914 until 11 November 1918 by German troops. During the Second World War the town was occupied by the Wehrmacht in 1939 and incorporated in the District of Kutno. On 18 May 1943, the name was changed to Zichlin. On 18 January 1945 the Red Army reached the place, which was renamed back to Żychlin. In an administrative reform of the place was part of Płock Voivodeship in 1975. 1984, a water treatment plant was put into operation. In 1995, the Chocolate Factory Chocolate Union opened in the town. On June 16, 1998, Pope John Paul II an honorary citizen of the city and the community. In 1999, a further administrative reform in power, during which the town is part of the Łódź Province was.
1790 lived 350 people in the city. In 1913 there were already over 5,000.
Coat of arms
The oldest known picture of a coat of arms dates back to 1535th It was a castle with three towers.
The urban and rural community Żychlin occupies an area of 76.65 km ², a, has about 13.000 inhabitants and is divided in addition to the main town in Żychlin following 21 districts:
- Wola Popova
- Gmina in the region of Łódź
- Place of Łódź Voivodeship
- Powiat Kutnowski