History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Fire Snake丁巳(at the beginning of Fire Dragon丙辰)
Syria: 1388/89 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- January 25 to January 28: Henry IV is solved at the castle of Canossa in northern Italy by Pope Gregory VII from excommunication after he has shown his penitence - the " Walk to Canossa ."
- March 15: choice of Swabia Duke Rudolf of Rheinfelden anti-king Henry IV in Forchheim.
- Rudolf of Rheinfelden will be crowned on March 26 or April 7 by Siegfried I of Eppstein in Mainz Cathedral.
More Events in Europe
- Devastation of the city Friesach - a founding archbishops of Salzburg - by the Styrian Margrave Adalbero - the brother of Otakar.
- After his brother Géza I. the death of Ladislaus will I. King of Hungary.
- Robert, eldest son of William the Conqueror, a rebellion starts against his father.
- Salzburg: State Archbishop Gebhard I of Helffenstein built the fortress Hohensalzburg. It consists of the Romanesque, brick palace, the residential tower, which still forms the core part of the castle today. There are also a church and a neighboring building.
- Seljuk Turks under Suleiman ibn Kutalmış establish the Sultanate of Rum with Nicaea as its capital.
Nature and Environment
- Seegfrörne: Lake Constance is completely frozen.
- Joseph ibn Migasch, Spanish rabbi