Obihiro (Japanese帯 広 市, -shi) is a city in the Japanese sub-prefecture of Tokachi in the center of the island of Hokkaidō.
The city is the seat of the 5th Division of the Japanese ground self-defense forces. In addition, the city is the venue of the Japanese rally championships.
The appointment was for Shi on April 1, 1933.
- Obihiro airport
- Train: JR Nemuro Main Line
- Obihiro Hiroo highway
- National road 38, 236, 241
The Doto Expressway also has the runs Obihiro and Otofuke- Obihiro, however, are located in the municipality of Memuro or Otofuke.
- United States Madison (Wisconsin )
- United States Seward (Alaska), since 1968
Sons and daughters of the town
- Shinobu Aota, curler
- Natsuki Ikezawa (* 1945), writer and translator
- Kotomi Ishizaki ( born 1979 ), curler
- Miyuki Nakajima, Musician
- Hiroyasu Shimizu ( born 1974 ), speed skaters
Adjacent Cities and Towns
- Hidaka ( Hokkaido )