Anti racism is a term for all approaches which aim at the elimination of racism. Its objectives are the freedom and equality of all people without discrimination and apartheid.
There can be many different lines of argument of anti-racism distinguished:
- The humanist insists on the principle of equality and human dignity, such as in pluralistic democratic societies and their state constitutions postulated that are hurt by racism
- Christian refers to the biblical common origin of humanity and the equality of human beings as recipients of God's message
- The liberal economic argued, among other things, according to the racism the personal freedom to develop as well as the production or Konsumptionsprozess disturbs or endangers also the business location
- Intercultural emphasizes the gain by the common life of people from different backgrounds
- The anti-fascist opposes the fascist racism
- The anti- imperialist, which deals with the effects of imperialism and colonialism,
- Autonomous, which engages socially institutionalized forms of racism from the critique of state and government.
In this case these forms are to be understood by no means isolated, often they also complement each other, where they also contradict partially decided.
Opposition and resistance against racism has always existed, for example in the anti- slavery movement, the protection against expulsion of minorities, or anti-anti -Semitic movement in the late 19th century.
As term anti-racism first appeared after the liberation of Europe from fascism, more precisely in Sartre's preface Black Orpheus to an anthology of Leopold Senghor 1948. 1969, the World Council of Churches adopted an anti-racist program against the oppression of minorities and particularly apartheid in South Africa.
A contradiction between anti-racism and anti - Semitism is the latest since 1975 apparently, tried as Arab states in the UN Resolution 3379, to convict Zionism as racism. Similar efforts have jeopardized the implementation of anti -racism conference in Durban. It is also where the mainly African and African-American groups have not been successful with their claim to condemn colonialism and slavery as crimes against humanity.
Due to the outrage of some right-wing extremist and xenophobic motivated pogroms like in Rostock ( riots of Rostock light Hagen) or assassinations as in Solingen ( arson attack in Solingen ) and Mölln ( fire attack by Mölln ) in the early 1990s in Germany received the anti-racist movement inlet. The initiative no one is illegal is accrue. Since 1998, anti-racist annually border camps take place, which made state racism on the topic of numerous activities at the eastern border, at airports and the Port of Hamburg. The concept has also been adopted by activists in other countries. So there was ( No Border ) camps on Lesvos, in Bulgaria ( Siva Reka ) or in Sweden ( Stockholm ).
As of 2011, the movement began more and more deals with the, highly academic embossed, Concept of Critical Whiteness. Partly, this strong polarization waves.
Academic Anti- racism
At the beginning of the 20th century led leading anthropologists such as Franz Boas, Marcel Mauss, Bronisław Malinowski, Pierre Clastres and Claude Lévi -Strauss with their works to the decline of biological thought and biological explanations within the social sciences - including the prevailing to date paradigms of cultural evolutionism and Darwinism - and established the cultural relativism as a new dominant paradigm, what an end to racial theories had in the social sciences and humanities result.