August von Kageneck
Count Kageneck belonged to the old nobility Kageneck; the former Austrian Chancellor Klemens Wenzel Lothar von Metternich came from the older line. Count Kagenecks grandfather, Clemens Freiherr von Schorlemer -Lieser, was Minister of Agriculture in the Imperial period. He himself took part as Cavalryman in World War II and after the war moved his residence to France. From 1986 to 1994 he was commissioned by the Federal Press Office in Bonn, the newsletter " Economie et politique allemandes " out. Many years he was a correspondent for the newspaper Die Welt.
After a long illness August Graf Kageneck died at the age of 82 years on 13 December 2004 in Lübeck.
- In anger and shame. Uncollected thoughts for the most credible accident of our history, of Hase & Koehler, Mainz, 1998, ISBN 3-7758-1371-3
- Our history, Pendo -Verl., Zurich, 2003, ISBN 3-85842-568-0
- Between oath and conscience. Roland of Hosslin, a German officer, Ullsteinhaus, Berlin, 1991, ISBN 3-550-07805-6
- Erbo, pilote de chasse: 1918-1942, Perrin, Paris, 1999, ISBN 2-262-01512-0
- Lieutenant de carapace, Perrin, Paris, 2003, ISBN 2-262-02103-1
- The Bamberger Reiter. Portrait of an unusual Cavalry Regiment, Langen Müller 1992, ISBN 3-7844-2380-9