Belorusskaya (Koltsevaya Line)
Belarusian (Russian Белорусская, pronunciation? / I ) is a metro station in the Koltsevaya - line (also ring line) of the Moscow Metro. It was opened on 30 January 1952. The name was derived from Belarus ( Byelorussia ) and is based on the Belarus station, which is located in the immediate vicinity.
The underground metro station is 42.5 meters deep, transversely under the busy Tverskaya Street and just a few meters south of the bridge crossing the railroad tracks of the Belarusian railway station. Belarusian part of this important railway station to the most frequented Moscow Metro stations due to its proximity. From a Belorusskaja to transfer to the same station of Samoskworezkaja line is beyond ( the "green line "). The transition is in the middle of the concourse, while lead from both ends escalator shafts to the outputs. The western exit leading to a Vestibülgebäude next to the Empfangsbauten and counter areas of the Belarusian railway station, was established simultaneously with the commissioning of the station. The eastern output from which you can get to the other side of Tverskaya Street, was built to relieve the West access until 1997.
Occasionally end here trains the Koltsevaya line from the east, there is a ramp to the driveway vehicle depot Krasnaya Presnya between Belarusian and the next station west Krasnopresnenskaja.
The old Vestibülgebäude the Belarus station was designed similar to the other Zugangsbauten the ring line and is lined on its facade of white limestone from near Wenjow. Inside there is a main hall with access barriers, by which one reaches by escalators to the platform. The main hall of the Ostzugangs separates from the platform hall also an escalator shaft, but in addition also a flight of stairs. Unlike the old entrance of the new does not have a Vestibülgebäude; from the ticket hall to the surface where it leads a simple underpass with a covered, glass stair access. The new ticket hall itself has a special feature murals by the Portuguese artist Graça Morais.
The train shed, which was designed similarly to all other ring lines stations for an individual project is - as the name suggests the station - dedicated to the close ethnic kinship between the Russian and the Belarusian people. Striking is the decorative carved arches of the 9.5 m wide central hall, to the twelve mosaic compositions with traditional motifs from the life of Belarusians are to be seen at regular intervals. The vault is supported by two pylon rows of white marble, each pylon is provided with a decorative candlestick in the form of a vase. The two outer parts of the platform hall will also be completed with a vault with Schnitzmustern; the outer walls above the tracks are covered with ceramic tiles in the upper area and gilded stylized oak leaves and in the lower part with dark red marble slabs. The floor of the central hall has a carpet- like, reminiscent of Belarusian national dress pattern of red, light gray and dark gray granite.
In the transition to Samoskworezkaja line is a 1952 -created sculpture composition dedicated to the exploits of the Belarusian partisans in World War II. Another sculpture composition on the topic of Soviet Belarus stood until 1996/97 at the eastern end of the platform; however, it was removed during the laying of the second access.