His books he published under a Creative Commons license.
As a child Trotskyist parents Doctorow grew up in an activist household. Even as a child came Doctorow with nuclear disarmament and Greenpeace campaigns in touch. He received his degree at the anarchist SEED School, a "free school" in Toronto, and attended four universities without a degree.
Since 2001, Doctorow is the co -author of the Boing Boing blog. In London, he worked as a coordinator for European Affairs at the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) and was awarded the EFF Pioneer Award 2007.
In 2005, he is a co-founder of the Open Rights Group in England, which, like the EFF involved, among other things, for a liberalization of copyright against digital rights management and data protection.
Since summer 2006, Doctorow lives in Los Angeles and works there as a visiting professor at the Fulbright Chair in Public Diplomacy at the University of Southern California. He is married and has one daughter.
- 2003 Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom, Tor Books, published under a Creative Commons License dt backup, Heyne 2007, ISBN 3-453-52297-4
- Dt upload, Heyne 2008, ISBN 978-3-453-52413-2
- Dt Little Brother, Rowohlt 2010, ISBN 978-3-499-21550-6
- Various e-book formats of the German translation: Archive.org
- Audiobook: Download.
- Dt For The Win, Heyne 2011, ISBN 978-3-453-26752-7
- Dt Little Brother - Homeland, Heyne 2013, ISBN 978-3-4532-6883-8
Short story collections
- 2003 A Place So Foreign and Eight More, Four Walls Eight Windows
- 2007 Overclocked: Stories of the Future Present, Thunder 's Mouth Press, ISBN 1-56025-981-7
- Cory Doctorow 's Futuristic 2008 Tales of the Here and Now. 6 short stories published under a Creative Commons License. Comic adaptation on Ourmedia.
Short story (selection)
- 2005 i, robot. Hugo -nominated short story, at InfiniteMatrix.net
- 2000 The Complete Idiot's Guide to Publishing Science Fiction, Alpha Books
- 2003 Essential Blogging, O'Reilly and Associates
- 2008 Content: Selected Essays on Technology, Creativity, Copyright, and the Future of the Future, Tachyon Publishing, ISBN 978-1-892391-81-0
- 2000 John W. Campbell Best New Writer Award
- 2004 Locus Award, Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom, Best debut
- 2006 Locus Award, I, Robot, Best story
- 2007 Locus Award, When Sysadmins Ruled the Earth, best story
- 2008 Locus Award, After the Siege, best novella
- 2009 John W. Campbell Memorial Award, Little Brother, Best Novel
- 2009 Prometheus Award, Little Brother, Best Novel