Denise Mina (born 1966 in Glasgow ) is a Scottish writer.
Mina is the daughter of an engineer in the petroleum industry. The profession of her father brought it about that the family moved in 18 years 21 times between Glasgow, The Hague, Paris and mountains.
At age 16, Mina left school and worked for several years as an assistant in various industries. Later she took after school and began to study law at the University of Glasgow. She finished studying and went to the University of Strathclyde and could do a doctorate in this subject there. During her doctoral studies, she received a teaching criminology.
- The man behind him. Psychological thriller ("The field of blood" ). Earthscan, Munich 2007, ISBN 978-3-426-63212-3.
- The dead hour. A novel. Wheeler Publ, Waterville, Me 2006, ISBN 1-59722-342-5.
- The last breath. Bantam Books, London 2007, ISBN 978-0-593-05143-6.
- Refuge. Roman ( " Sanctum "). Knaur, Munich 2004, ISBN 3-426-62718-3.
- In the silence of the night. Thriller ( " Still might also night" ). Heyne, München 2010, ISBN 978-3-453-43490-5.
- Empathy Is The Enemy ( Hellblazer ). Titan Press, London 2006, ISBN 1-84576-382-3 (illustrated by Leonardo Manco ).
- The red right hand ( Hellblazer ). Titan Press, London 2007, ISBN 978-1-84576-568-2 (illustrated by Leonardo Manco ).
- Ida Tamson. City Council, Glasgow 2006, ISBN 0-906169-61-5.