DVB Bank

DVB Bank SE is part of the DZ Bank Group and a specialist transport finance bank headquartered in Frankfurt am Main.

It is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange and employs around 550 staff at its offices in Frankfurt am Main, Hamburg, Rotterdam, London, Cardiff, Zurich, Bergen / Oslo, Piraeus, Singapore, Tokyo, New York and Curaçao.

The bank sees itself as a leading provider of financing and advisory services to the global transport market, particularly in the segments of aviation, maritime and land transportation; Past activities in the retail sector were repelled. She refers to herself as a "leading specialist in international transport finance".


The Institute was first mentioned on 18 May 1923 as a German traffic credit Bank AG ( DVKB ) in a contract and exactly one month later officially founded by several banks and industrial companies, initially to carry cargo deferrals for the German Reichsbahn. A year later, the German Reichsbahn acquired 51 percent of the shares and made the DVKB to their local bank. In 1925, she expanded their share from 75 percent; the remaining 25 percent remained with a syndicate of banks. Thereafter, the Bank began to set up exchange offices at railway stations and border crossing points.

After the Second World War, the special tasks of DVKB were, particularly in the freight deferred, fixed by law. 1949, the seat of the headquarters in Frankfurt was established after the unification of the two main points Frankfurt and Hamburg. There was also a branch in Berlin and 13 branches.

1988 DVKB was introduced on the stock exchange, the German Federal Railroad held a 75.1 percent stake. In 1991, the name in German traffic -Bank AG, 1997 German Transport Bank AG and 2002 DVB Bank AG has changed. Since 1 October 2008, operates as DVB Bank SE

To strengthen the business branch of ship financing Nedship Bank NV was established in 2000 adopted by the Rabobank 2004 DVB Bank NV was renamed and merged in 2008 with DVB Bank. In 2002, took over the DZ Bank, which in 1995 first 50.1 percent of the shares acquired, the DVB amount KRAVAG, so that their share increased to 78.21 percent. This was extended to the end of 2003 through the acquisition of Sparda share and the remaining stake of 0.75 percent of Deutsche Bahn AG to 92.27 percent. A capital increase in 2008, the proportion of DZ Bank finally reached 95.44 percent.

The DVB has acquired a majority stake in the TES Aviation Services Limited, based in Cardiff ( Wales), a leading service provider for the management of aircraft engines.


The shareholders of DVB Bank at 31 December 2011 are:

  • DZ Bank AG 95.45 %
  • Free Float 4.55%

The market capitalization at 31 December 2011 amounted to EUR 1.11 billion.


2011, the consolidated net income increased by 12.7% to EUR 147.7 million (2010: EUR 131.1 million ). The balance sheet total was 22.0 and nominal customer lending EUR 21.7 billion. From the latter accounted for 52.1% to the Shipping, 31.8% to the field of aviation and 7.4% to the Land Transport.


The company DVB LogPay GmbH is a 100 % owned subsidiary with an annual turnover of 4 billion euros, which performs the factoring eg for freight and passenger transport companies ( phone ticket).