F. W. Bernstein
FW Bernstein ( born March 4, 1938 in Göppingen; actually Fritz Weigle ) is a German poet, graphic artist, cartoonist and satirist.
Fritz Weigle is the only son of Frederick and Anna Weigle (born Krathwohl ). He attended high school in Göppingen. Even then classmates called him " amber ". After leaving school in 1957 he studied at the Stuttgart Art Academy. There he met Robert Gernhardt know. 1958 both changed to the University of the Arts Berlin. In 1960 he returned to Stuttgart, where he passed the art teacher exam in the spring of 1961. In the winter of 1961, he took in Berlin the graphic study again, where he simultaneously studied German at the Free University of Berlin. In 1964 he took the examination in the minor subject German.
His teaching career began in 1966 as a trainee Weigle in Frankfurt -Sachsenhausen at the Freiherr- vom- Stein-Schule. He was assessor in Bad Homburg in 1968. In the years 1970-72 he taught at the Georg- Büchner -Gymnasium in Bad Vilbel. He was eventually hired as an art teacher at the Pedagogical University in Göttingen in 1972. From 1984 until his retirement in 1999 he was professor of cartoon and comic in Germany at the Hochschule der Künste in Berlin.
In April 1964 Weigle joined the editorial staff of the satirical monthly magazine Pardon. Soon after - along with Robert Gernhardt and FK Waechter - Pardon the Supplement world in the mirror ( WIMS ), the independent newspaper for a cleaner world, lifted out of the baptism and continued until 1975.
FW Bernstein founded with Robert Gernhardt, Eckhard Henscheid, FK Waechter, Clovis Poth, Bernd Eilert, Peter Knorr and Hans Traxler the New Frankfurt School, whose publication organ from 1979, the satirical magazine Titanic was.
Bernstein lives and works in Berlin -Steglitz. He is married to Sabine Weigle.
- " The sharpest critics of the moose were once themselves that. "
- " The important thing is the wait for the second incident. "
- The truth about Arnold Hau ( fictional biography ), 1966 ( joint work with FK Waechter and Robert Gernhardt )
- Demonstration lesson - Report from the classroom, Frankfurt, 1969 ( under the civil name Fritz Weigle )
- Mirror World 1964-1969 ( reprint of the first five years of WIMS ) (together with La Petite jeman ( di Robert Gernhardt ) and FK Waechter ), Frankfurt 1969
- Starred Harvest ( poems ), 1976 ( with Robert Gernhardt )
- The artist as - Very interesting drawings, Göttingen 1978
- Rhyme Windwärts ( poems), casting 1981
- The child inventor. Traveling in old pictures (along with Alfred Messerli and Dieter Richter ), VSA -Verlag, Hamburg, 1981
- Our Goethe - A reader ( hrsgg. with Eckhard Henscheid ), 1982,
- Small fancy school (together with Reinhold Wittig ), Göttingen 1984
- Literary dream and desire calendar (along with Eckhard Henscheid ), Zurich 1985
- Moments of a spring retainer - News from the signatory whole life, Zurich 1986
- TV Zombies - pictures and characters (along with Eckhard Henscheid ) Haffmans, Zurich 1987
- Lure of Love ( poems), Zurich 1988
- Bernstein's book of Zeichnerei - A teaching, pleasure, property and specialist book beyond compare, Haffmans, Zurich 1989 ( 2004 still the most important introduction to drawing and cartoon on the market )
- The air freight, an expensive, Ed. Pin Klink, Schwäbisch Gmünd 1990
- Fight the learning, Anabas, casting 1991
- The Brass and his child. Graphics, Gritik, Gomik, Greiz 1993
- If angels, then those 1994
- Reimweh (poetry and prose ), Reclam, 1994
- The hour of the men tears - lyrics on paper. Drawings also, Berlin 1995
- Berlin picture book brominenter Bersönlichkeiten (together with Manfred Bofinger ), 1999
- The three hairdressers. A hairy reading of Robert Gernhardt, FW Bernstein and FK Waechter (CD), Zurich 1999.
- Moose, pigs, me and you (Animal poems), Munich 2000
- The sinking of Göttingen and other art pieces in Wrt and Bld (gathering and reporting of life over time from 1972 to 1985, edited by Peter Köhler ), Satzwerk Verlag, Göttingen 2000
- Richard Wagner's Journey to Happiness. His life in pictures and verses, hard Verlag, 2002
- Within me the beast awakened. Poems. Musical accompaniment: Anne Bärenz and Frank Wolff ( CD), Antje Kunstmann Verlag, Munich 2004
- Art & Kikeriki to Cleats publisher, Springe 2004, ISBN 3934920403rd
- The Superfusseldüse. 19 dramas in untidy condition. Antje Kunstmann Verlag, Munich 2006
- The poems. 2nd edition, Munich: Verlag Antje Kunstmann 2007 [ E: 2003 ] ISBN 978-3-88897-340-6
- FWBernstein - master of comic art, Antje Kunstmann Verlag, Munich 2012
- 2003 Göttingen moose
- 2003 Binding Culture Award
- 2008 Kassel Literary Prize for Grotesque Humor
- 2008 Wilhelm -Busch Prize
- 2008 Award for art and writing of Hans Platschek Foundation
- 2013: F. W. Bernstein - Zeichenzausels showcase. Museum of Comic Art, Frankfurt am Main.