F6 is the cigarette brand of f6 Cigarettenfabrik Dresden GmbH, which is part of the Altria Group. Until 1990, it was produced in the GDR from 1959 incurred VEB Dresden cigarette factories.
F6 - cigarettes are manufactured in the listed building, cigarette factory Jasmatzi in Striesen. At the end of 2012, the cigarette down to the brand " f6 original " were taken off the market and replaced by the brand Chesterfield.
Based on the experience with the cigarette brand Cabinet, which bought up by Reemtsma Group and their marketing was focused on West German consumer needs and formerly almost 30% market share to 12% in East Germany fell, the marketing for f6 highlights the East German origin through the familiar packaging design and corresponding advertising slogans. The cigarette brand f6 holds approximately 18 % market share of the East German cigarette market and 3.5 % market share in Germany (8th place ). Here also the manufacturer's pricing policy plays a role in the price of these cigarettes is below the average of the cigarette market. The first East German product, the brand won the Golden Effie, the most important award in the advertising industry for brand management and overall communications. The initiated by f6 f6 Music Award, a music prize, the brand wants their East German Image deepen, it will be explicitly encouraged musicians from this region.
- F6 ( Nicotine: 0.8 mg | condensate / tar: 10 mg | Carbon Monoxide: 9 mg )
- F6 silver ( Nicotine: 0.3 mg | condensate / Tar: 3 mg | Carbon monoxide: 4 mg) ( no longer manufactured )
- F6 blue ( Nicotine: 0.5 mg | condensate / tar: 6 mg | Carbon Monoxide 7 mg ) (now Chesterfield Blue )
- F6 Fine Flavor (formerly light) ( Nicotine: 0.8 mg | condensate / tar: 7 mg | Carbon monoxide: 8mg ) (now Chesterfield Blue )
- F6 International Blend ( Nicotine: 0.8 mg | condensate / tar: 10 mg | 10 mg carbon monoxide ) [ no longer manufactured ]
- F6 full flavor (formerly red or sun ) ( Nicotine: 0.8 mg | condensate / tar: 10 mg | Carbon Monoxide: 10 mg) (now Chesterfield Red )
- F6 menthol ( Nicotine: 1.0 mg | condensate / tar: 12 mg / Carbon Monoxide: 9 mg ) ( no longer manufactured )
- F6 fresh menthol ( Nicotine: 0.5 mg | condensate / tar: 6 mg | Carbon Monoxide 7 mg ) (now Chesterfield menthol)
- F6 Stix Fine Flavor
- F6 cigarette tobacco (canned 120 g)
- F6 cigarette tobacco ( sachet 30 g)
- F6 cigarillos
- F6 Tobacco block ( for Tobacco - block system 2.0)
- The name stands for f6 filter cigarette of the 60s. The assertion that the name derive from the former production building Yenidze nearby highway 6 of the GDR, short F6, from, is not correct.
- In allusion to the sometimes rough-cut, interspersed with tobacco stem tissue, there was the GDR's vernacular the saying: " What is the difference between f6 and water? - Water has no bars ".