Infinity Ward

Infinity Ward, Inc. is a US-based development studio for computer games. The studio by the game series Call of Duty was known. Since 2003, the studio is part of the U.S. publisher Activision Blizzard.

Company History

The company was founded in August 2001 by 22 former developers of the game Medal of Honor Allied Assault. After publisher Activision had already acquired an equity stake of 30 percent in May of 2002, took over this end of October 2003, the remaining 70 percent of the company. Infinity Ward is headed by President and co-founder Grant Collier.

On March 1, 2010 President Jason West and Vince Zampella from Activision CEO were discharged that a new development studio called Respawn Entertainment founded in April 2010 and a cooperation with Activisons competitor Electronic Arts (EA ) announced. In episode 25 more Infinity Ward staff left. There were several mutual lawsuits between Activision and its former employees and rival EA.

Call of Duty

Call of Duty, the first release of Infinity Ward, won numerous awards as the best game. The sequel to Call of Duty 2 was sold only in the United States over a million times .. Also Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was a commercial success and was able to sell a total of over eleven million units. According to Activision Blizzard Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 broke with 4.7 million copies sold in the first 24 hours in the U.S. and the UK record sales, which, however, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 units sold, with 6.5 million in the first day, was exceeded.


  • Call of Duty ( 2003)
  • Call of Duty 2 (2005)
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007)
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009)
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (2011)
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts ( 2013)