Parineeta (2005 film)
- Saif Ali Khan: Shekar Rai
- Vidya Balan: Lolita
- Sanjay Dutt: Girish
- Raima Sen: Koel
- Diya Mirza: Gayatri Tantia
- Sabyasachi Chakravarthy: Navin Rai
- Rekha: cameo
Parineeta (Hindi: परिणीता, Parinita; Urdu: پرنیتا, translated: The married woman) is a Hindi film directed by Pradeep Sarkar 's 2005 The plot is based on the 1914 novel by Sharat Chandra published Chattopadhyay. . Director Sarkar's adaptation is the fourth film adaptation.
Calcutta 1962 Lolita comes as an orphan to the family of her uncle Gurucharan. With his daughter Koel it closes very fast friendship as well with Shekar. Shekar Rai is the neighbor boy and son of Navin Rai, a businessman. A deep friendship and a shared passion for music connects with Shekar, who composed his piano pieces with their help.
One day gets Gurucharan a heart attack and a high sum of money must be different from neighbors Navin Rai borrow. Three years later, Navin asks for his money back and threatens to take his house as a replacement per se. He has to make the intent a hotel of it. His son Shekar he served there only lies.
Lolita meets Girish, a relative of the family. Girish comes from London and falls in love with Lolita. When Shekar noted that those courts her, he realizes that he has always loved her. But his father wants the beautiful Gayatri Tantia as a daughter who comes from a better -off family.
While Shekar away on business, his father tears the house of Guru Charan itself. The relationship between Shekhar and Lolita is put to the test, they meet at the end, since Shekar is against his father.
- Filmfare Award / Best Art Direction - Keshto Mondal, Tanushree Sarkar and Pradeep Sarkar
- Filmfare Award / Best Choreography - Howard Rosenmayer
- Filmfare Award / Best Debut - Vidya Balan
- Filmfare Award / RD Burman Award - Shantanu Moitra
- Filmfare Award / Best Sound - Bishwadeep Chatterjee
- Filmfare Award / Best Film - Vidhu Vinod Chopra, Vinod Chopra Productions
- Filmfare Award / Best Director - Pradeep Sarkar
- Filmfare Award / Best Actor - Saif Ali Khan
- Filmfare Award / Best Actress - Vidya Balan
- Filmfare Award / Best Supporting Actor - Sanjay Dutt
- Filmfare Award / Best Music - Shantanu Moitra
- Filmfare Award / Best Lyrics - Swanand Kirkire for " Piyu Bole "
- Filmfare Award / Best Playback Singer - Sonu Nigam for " Piyu Bole "
- Filmfare Award / Best Playback Singer - Sunidhi Chauhan for " Kaisi Paheli Zindgani "
Star Screen Award:
- Star Screen Award / Most Promising Newcomer - Vidya Balan
- Star Screen Award / Best Playback Singer - Shreya Ghoshal
Zee Cine Award:
- Zee Cine Award / Best directorial debut - Pradeep Sarkar
- Zee Cine Award / Best Debutante - Vidya Balan
- Zee Cine Award / Best Playback Singer - Shreya Ghoshal for " Piyu Bole "
- Zee Cine Award / Best Dialogue - Rekha Nigam and Vidhu Vinod Chopra
- Zee Cine Award / Best Costumes - Subarna Rai Chaudhuri
- National Film Award - Indira Gandhi Award
- Stardust Superstar of Tomorrow - Female - Vidya Balan
- IIFA Award / Best Debut - Vidya Balan
- Bollywood Movie Award / Best Screenplay - Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Pradeep Sarkar
Parineeta has previously been filmed several times. The most successful was in 1953, directed by Bimal Roy.
This film from 2005 is the debut film of Vidya Balan in Bollywood and the directorial debut of Pradeep Sarkar.