Roman Catholic Diocese of Mogi das Cruzes
The Diocese of Mogi das Cruzes was posted on June 9, 1962 by Pope John XXIII. built with the Apostolic Constitution Quo christiana from cessions of territory of the Archdiocese of São Paulo and of the diocese Taubaté. It was the Archdiocese of São Paulo is a suffragan. On 30 January 1981, the diocese was Mogi das Cruzes parts of its territory from establishing the dioceses Guarulhos and São José dos Campos.
Mogi das Cruzes bishops
- Paulo Rolim Loureiro, 1962-1975
- Emilio Pignoli, 1976-1989, then Bishop of Campo Limpo
- Antonino Paulo Mascarenhas Roxo OPraem, 1989-2004
- Airton José dos Santos, 2004-2012, then Archbishop of Campinas
- Pedro Luiz Stringhini, since 2012