BRP- Powertrain GmbH & Co KG (until 2 February 2009: BRP -Rotax GmbH & Co. KG ) is an Austrian engine manufacturer. It is a subsidiary of the Canadian company Bombardier Recreational Products (BRP ), the complementary GmbH & Co. KG is the BRP -Powertrain GmbH, a limited partner, the BRP Holdings ( Austria) GmbH. Known to the public the company is under the use of their brand name " ROTAX ".
The company was founded in 1920 in Dresden as ROTAX -WERK AG, acquired in 1930 by the Fichtel & Sachs AG and moved to Schweinfurt. In 1943, the company moved to Austria and was purchased in 1970 by Bombardier. Under the brand name Rotax BRP -Powertrain produces high performance engines for snowmobiles, watercraft and sport boats, ATVs (ATVs and quads ), three-wheeled roadster and motorcycle manufacturer Aprilia, BMW, Buell and MZ as well as for light sport aircraft, ultralight aircraft, gyroplane, motor gliders, drones, hot air airships and karts.
- Rotax V990 2- cylinder, four -stroke V - engine with 74-78 kW
- Rotax 904 2- cylinder, four- stroke in-line engine with 77 kW
- Rotax 804 2- cylinder, four- stroke in-line engine with 62.5 kW
- Rotax 654 1- cylinder, four- stroke engine with 37 kW
- Rotax 257
- Rotax 127
- Rotax 126
- Rotax 123 1- cylinder two-stroke engine with 23 kW
- Rotax 122 1- cylinder two-stroke engine in versions with 11 and 22 kW