Taiarapu -Est is a municipality on the island of Tahiti in French Polynesia. It consists of the following parts of ( communes associées ) Afaahiti - Taravao as its capital ( chef -lieu ), Faaone, Pueu and Tautira. For the latter part of the 110 km east of Tahiti lying, uninhabited volcanic island Mehetia. They comprise a total area of 216 km ². In the field of borough Afaahiti - Taravao also the isthmus of Taravao, the two peninsulas Tahiti Nui ( " Great -Tahiti " ) and Tahiti Iti ( " small Tahiti " ) is connecting.
Villages ( communes associées )
- Ecole maternelle de Tamahere in Taravao
- Ecole primaire Ohiteitei in Taravao
- Le Collège du Sacré -Coeur in Taravao
- Le Collège de Taiarapu -nui in Taravao
- Lyceum in Taravao
- Municipal government in Taravao