Trailing suction hopper dredger
Hydraulic vehicles include ships that are used for movement of soil material in a body of water. The tasks of these special vessels are diverse in nature, such as:
- Production of building materials (sand and gravel) for the construction industry;
- Extraction of soil for land reclamation / coast protection;
- Maintenance of water bodies ( eg, removal of contaminated sediments );
- Construction and expansion of waterways and ports;
- Maintenance of the waterways and ports for restoring the required depth for navigation.
The dredged material obtained during the dredging is treated differently:
- Either an extraction from the water by Verspülung ashore in flexible or rigid flushing lines for the production of building materials and land reclamation, or disposal of contaminated sediment storage and pre-treatment;
- In other cases, a rearrangement takes place in the waters by dumping in areas where the dredged material does not bother due to existing water depth. This method is usually used where the conservation of the waterways is required for shipping.
For such tasks, there are various types of dredgers:
- Pontoon excavators are on a floating, anchored by stilts or wires pontoon. This is either a cable or hydraulic excavator, which receives the dredged material on the river bed and it settles on land or in barges.
- Bucket chain excavators ( backhoe elevator ) are by ropes - rarely also on stilts - anchored and feature a rotating bucket that receives the dredged material from the ground and transported in barges.
- Cutter Backhoe ( cutter dredger ) are mounted on a floating, anchored by stilts or wires pontoon. From the front end of the pontoon projecting a suction tube with a rotating cutting head into the water, which receives the dredged material at the river surface. The dredged material is then verspült on land or in barges.
- Hopper dredger in the narrower sense ( self-propelled trailing suction hopper dredger ) are self-propelled vessels that absorb with an intake manifold the dredged material at the river surface and pump it into the ship's hold. The water that it gets into the loading area is discharged through an overflow, so that only the dredged material remains in the hold. Upon completion of the loading process, the dredged material is transported to dumping sites and there dumped or verspült. See also: Vasco da Gama (ship)
- Water injection device that is managed by a free floating vessel in the vicinity of the river bed, and blows through a pressure pipe pressure water in or on the bottom layer, so that the sediment is flowing and carried away from the natural flow of the excavator range.
The above-mentioned devices include:
In Germany, about 40 to 50 million cubic meters of sediment to be dredged in the maintenance of the waterways. Attributable to the inland waterway conservation about 8 million cubic meters.
Buildings, which were created with hopper dredgers
One of the largest construction projects where hopper dredger in the construction and Verspülen are involved, the construction of Palm Islands. Even the Hong Kong International Airport was flushed through hopper dredgers.
- Workboat type
- Construction Machinery