- Lewis Black: Oliver
- Wilmer Valderrama: Zach Van Bourke
- Tyler James Williams: Charlie
- Dyllan Christopher Spencer Davenport
- Dominique Saldaña: Katherine Davenport
- Brett Kelly: Timothy ' Beef' Wellington
- Gia Mantegna: Grace Conrad ( Gina Mantegna as )
- Quinn Shephard: Donna Malone
- Paget Brewster: Valerie Davenport
- Rob Corddry: Sam Davenport
- Conrad E. Palmisano: Santa Claus
- Rob Riggle: Guard Hoffman
Oh, how joyfully is an American film released in 2006, which started in the U.S. on December 8th and in Germany and the Netherlands on 14 December 2006. The film is based on a true story. This is Susan Burton first in This American Life, a program of the U.S. public rechtlichern broadcasting, under the title "In The Event of An Emergency, Put Your Sister in a Upright Position" ( "Bring your sister upright in an emergency position ") tells.
The fictional " Hoover Airport " is snowed in at Christmas. Until it stops snowing, start any more planes. Until then, all passengers have to wait. From the lounge for children traveling alone the supervisor Zach Van Bourke escape the three boys Spencer, Charlie and Timothy, and the two girls Grace and Donna. These kids look around at the airport and go to some nonsense. Before they were caught again, you had the rest of the children, including Spencer's sister Katherine, housed in a hotel. As punishment, they are not allowed to the other and the Airport Manager Oliver Porter they can lock up in the lounge. Thus Spencer's sister Katherine, who still believes in Santa Claus, no Christmas celebration is spoiled, they outwit their supervisors Zach Van Bourke and break out. Then they hide on the run from the alerted guards in the camp for unclaimed luggage, flee from the airport and make them on the way to the hotel which they reach a roundabout way. However, they are pursued by the airport staff to the hotel. After they have left a gift in the sleeping Katerine, Spencer's sister, they are caught by airport personnel, captured and brought back to the airport. There, they are locked up again. This time they are separated from each housed in individual cells so that they can not escape together again. Having escaped again with the help of their walkie talkies anyway, they decorate the airport festive. Finally, the five children, the other passengers and staff celebrate Christmas and Santa Claus distributed gifts to all solo travelers, dating back to the camp for lost luggage. Grace must spend the Christmas at the Davenport, whose environmentalist father to pick her up with a gas-guzzling Hummer vehicle because his bio-diesel Mercedes was unroadworthy due to wrong fuel. The five children arrange to keep contact with each other before they say goodbye to each other.
- " The youthful ensemble plays on the weaknesses of the plot, like a little original " Best of " acts of previous blockbuster as the aforementioned Home Alone. " ( Critic.de, December 13, 2006)
- "... The little charming cast and harmless showdown prevent a greater Comedy throw, instead of the complete 90 are only about 30 minutes really entertaining, the rest is either too sweet or to get checked. " ( Filmstarts.de )
- " Turbulent Christmas comedy for kids that strikes some thoughtful tones and avoids sentimentality in favor of a largely coherent story about a child-friendly Christmas and developing friendships. "
Recording with audiences and critics
Unaccompanied Minors was not a success at the box office. The film has earned only 16,655,224 U.S. dollars in the U.S., but a budget of 25 million U.S. dollars needed. Here, the DVD sales are not included. Its worldwide box office gross was 21,994,214 U.S. dollars. The film received generally negative to mixed reviews from critics. He has a " Rotten " rating of 28 % at Rotten Tomatoes, and a score of 43 out of 100 at Metacritic, which indicates mixed to average reviews.