The Vennerbrunnen stands on the town square in Bern and belongs to the old town of Bern fountain from the 16th century.
The fountain figure represents a Venner, a strongly worded Bernese banner carrier Represent was created in 1542 by Hans Gieng as stone fountain, which replaced a wooden from the 14th century on the top of the swidden place Nydeggstalden.
The fountain was added in 1844 during the construction of Nydeggbrücke. From 1880 to 1913 the figure and the capital with the four masks stood on the fountain in the Amthausgasse until they were in 1913 moved to its present location.
The figure is a copy, the original is located in the Bernese Historical Museum.
The fountain sculpture