Villa of Livia
The Villa di Livia is located in the Roman district of Prima Porta; In Roman times the place Ad Gallinas Albas was called. It was created at the end of the 1st century BC and probably belonged to Livia, the wife of the Emperor Augustus, and thus belong to the second style / architecture style of Pompeian wall paintings. To date, the villa was never fully excavated, as it is operated via its agriculture, which also further damaged the building.
Ad Gallinas Albas
According to legend, the Empress Livia fell at the country residence of Augustus, a white chicken in her lap, which was dropped by an eagle. The chicken wore a laurel branch in its beak, which was planted then. This is a laurel branch, a laurel grove, from which the sacred laurel branches of the Emperor were cut originated. The descendants of the white chicken were kept in the villa, which has been called since the "Villa ad gallinas albas ".
This building was famous for the murals in the garden room, which has already been salvaged in 1936. This is a single room that is fully equipped with plants and garden pictures - a garden illusion. The removed wall paintings are now in the Museo Nazionale Romano in Rome.
The Augustus of Prima Porta
A marble statue of Augustus found here is an important testimony of both the Roman art as well as their political instrumentalization. After the locality the statue Augustus of Prima Porta and similar portraits of the emperor is called to be assigned to the Prima Porta type.