Werner M. Moser
Werner Max Moser ( * July 16, 1896 in Karlsruhe, † August 19 1970 in Zurich ) was a Swiss architect and professor at the ETH Zurich. He became known through various church buildings and the skyscraper to the palm in Zurich.
Werner Max began his career in 1916, when he took up the study of architecture with his father Karl Moser at the ETHZ. In 1921 he graduated with a diploma. 1921/1922 was followed by an internship in the office of Grandpré Molière in Rotterdam.
The subsequent two years in the office of Frank Lloyd Wright in the U.S. coined the artistic sense and the love of a tower block. In 1926 he returned to Switzerland, where in his father's office, he designed his first furniture later. 1927 Member of the Swiss Collective group that took over the establishment of several apartments in Ludwig Mies van der Rohe Weissenhofsiedlung block.
From 1928 was Werner Max Moser freelance architect in Zurich. During this time, he designed furniture and one of the founders of the opened in 1931 in Zurich Wohnbedarf AG. As of 1937, Moser teamed up with his colleagues Max Ernst Haefeli and Rudolf Steiger for office space Haefeli Moser Steiger (HMS ). The three met during his studies with Karl Moser know. In 1958 he was established as a full professor at the Department of Architecture at ETH Zurich. In the same year was appointed Doctor Honoris Causa of the Technical University of Stuttgart took place. Moser remained for five years at the ETH. During this time, the skyscraper was built to palm in Zurich, one of the masterpieces Moser.
Hochhaus zur Palme
- Award for good buildings in the city of Zurich, Church Altstetten