WinSCP ( Windows Secure copy) is a programmed in C graphical SFTP client for Windows based on SSH and allows protected data and file transfer between different computers.
The user is, depending on the preference by a surface available that is similar to either Norton Commander or Windows Explorer.
WinSCP is licensed under the GNU General Public License, making it free software. The SSH and SCP program code is based on PuTTY, the FTP program code based on FileZilla.
In addition, there is WinSCP as a plugin for the File Manager Altap Salamander and FAR Manager. On the FAR plugin based around the WebDAV plugin advanced mailbox is developed. This should also lead to a future WebDAV support through WinSCP 3.0.
- Graphical user interface, either in Windows Explorer or Norton Commander - optics
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH -1 and SSH-2
- Supporting FTP (version 4.0 )
- Support for FTPS (version 4.2)
- Support for IPv6
- Synchronize directories ( semi or fully automatic)
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, public key and Kerberos authentication ( GSS), interactive login (direct keyboard input )
- Surface in different languages
- Scripting batch files and command-line interface
- Optional stand-alone function for portable media, eg USB sticks, through the use of configuration files instead of registry entries.
- Required, session storage
- Key exchange can be automated using Pageant ( PuTTY authentication agent )
- Integrated in Windows (drag & drop, URL, shortcut icons)