History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the wood rat甲子( at the beginning of the year, water - pig癸亥)
Syria: 1395/96 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- After a short siege, Henry IV Rome occupies. Pope Gregory VII holed up in the Castel Sant'Angelo.
- MARCH 31: Anti-Pope Clement III. Henry IV is crowned emperor in Rome and his wife Bertha to the Empress of the Holy Roman Empire.
- Pope Gregory VII is freed by his vassals Robert Guiscard from Castel Sant'Angelo.
- Normans under Robert Guiscard plunder Rome.
- Seljuk Turks conquer Antioch by the Byzantines.
- Kyanzittha ascends the throne of Bagan.
- Founding of the Carthusian Order
- Establishment of Reichersberg the Augustinian Canons
- Nikephoros Patriarch is the Rum Orthodox Church in Antioch.
- Rechungpa, a forefather of the Kagyu school of Tibetan Buddhism († 1161 )
- Rainer, Marquis of Montferrat ( † around 1136 )
- Frederick I, Bishop of Münster (c. 1020)