Ancenis ( Ankiniz Breton ) is a commune with 7535 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2011 ) in the department of Loire -Atlantique in the Pays de la Loire; it is the administrative seat of the arrondissement and canton of Ancenis Ancenis.
Neighboring communities of Ancenis are: Oudon, Saint- Géréon, Couffé, Mésanger, La Roche- Blanche, Saint- Herblon in Loire -Atlantique, Liré and drain in Maine -et -Loire.
From 1962 only residents with a primary residence
- The castle (15th- 17th century)
- The church of Saint -Pierre, 15th - 16th century
- Ursuline chapel (17th century)
- Notre- Dame de la Délivrance
- Presbytery (17th century)
- Old town
- Musée d'Art et d' Histoire
- Medieval Loire dikes ( 10th century )
- The dolmen " Pierre couvretière ", 4th Century BC
- Brückenau, Germany
- Kirkham, Lancashire, United Kingdom
- Séche Léon (1848 )
- Robert Francis founder of the Hôpital d' Ancenis
- René -Yves Creston, visual artist and ethnologist, (1898 )
- Jean -Pierre Dautel (1917-2000), conductor and composer
- Toublanc Bernard -Michel, director, (* 1927).
- Jacqueline Moreau ( born 1929 ), a costume designer
- Édouard Landrain, politician (1930-2006)