Anna Torv (* in Melbourne, Victoria) is an Australian actress who is best known for the role of FBI agent Olivia Dunham from the American television series Fringe. In addition, she works as a spokeswoman for film, television and computer games area.
Torv grew up with her parents and her brother on the Gold Coast in Queensland. Her father is of Estonian origin. Paternal aunt is writer Anna Maria Torv Murdoch Mann, who was married 31 years with the billionaire Rupert Murdoch.
Torv attended Benowa State High and graduated in 2001 studied acting at the prestigious National Institute of Dramatic Art ( NIDA ) in Kensington with a degree in Performing Arts. Torv initially worked as an actress in the theater. A year later, her camera debut with a supporting role in the Australian police series Young Lions; more film and television tasks followed. Since 2008 she plays the lead role in the television series Fringe - limiting cases of the FBI.
Torv married in December 2008, her fellow actor Mark Valley, who participated in the first season of the series Fringe. In April 2010 it was announced that both live separately.
2010, 2011 and 2012, they were each awarded a Saturn Award for Best Actress for her role in Fringe. From 2009 to 2012 she was awarded also each nominated for a Teen Choice Award.
- 2002: Young Lions (TV series, 13 episodes)
- 2003: Travelling Light
- 2004: McLeod's Daughters ( McLeod 's Daughters, TV series, two episodes)
- 2006: The Book of Revelation
- 2007: Frankenstein ( TV movie )
- 2008: Mistresses - Mistresses ( Mistresses, TV Series, five episodes)
- 2008-2013: Fringe - Special cases of the FBI (Fringe, TV Series, 100 episodes)
- 2010: The Pacific (mini- series, one episode)