Education and work
After graduating from middle school in 1963, Barbara Weiler attended night school and graduated from 1965 to 1967 a study of language in the UK. Between 1965 and 1985 she worked as a clerk in industrial companies ( as a clerk, chief secretary, authorized representative ).
Barbara hamlet of interest in politics in 1962 awakened by the Easter March movement. She is since 1970 a member of the SPD and was for this 1971-1975 civil representative in Willich, Viersen. From 1975 to 1985 she was councilor in Willich and then to 1987 director of the SPD in the district of Fulda. In the SPD from 1991 to 1995 she was a member of the executive committee of the Hessian.
In the 11th and 12th legislative period (1987 to 1994) Barbara Weiler was a member of the German Bundestag.
In 1994 she was elected to the European Parliament and there has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Member of the Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection
- Substitute for the Committee on Employment and Social Affairs
- Member of the Delegation for relations with the countries of Southeast Asia and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations ( ASEAN)
- Substitute for the Delegation for relations with Japan
In the period 2009-2014 is Weilter member of the Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection, the special committee on organized crime, corruption and money laundering and the Delegation for relations with the countries of Southeast Asia and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations ( ASEAN).
As a deputy she's Committee on Budgetary Control and the Delegation for relations with the Korean Peninsula.
- European Union Parliamentarians European Parliament