The Braunschweiger Zeitung is a regional daily newspaper published in Braunschweig and is also common among other titles in the eastern Lower Saxony. It is published in the BZV Media House GmbH, to February 1, 2013, the Braunschweiger Zeitung Verlag GmbH and Co. KG, which since the end of January 2007 on the WAZ Group, now spark media group, is one.
The Braunschweiger Zeitung is published six times a week, weekdays, morning and in the Berliner format.
Paid circulation has declined by 26.8 percent since 1998. Most recently, she was IVW at 120 544 copies ( according to IVW, fourth quarter 2013). The proportion of subscriptions on paid circulation is 91.9 percent.
Development of sold copies
Locally published editions of the Braunschweiger Zeitung
- Gifhorner Rundschau
- Helmstedter News
- Peine News
- Salzgitter -Zeitung
- Wolfenbütteler newspaper and indicators
- Wolfsburg News
The Goslarsche newspaper in Goslar assumes the mantle of Braunschweiger Zeitung, but produces its own local part and is an independent company which is part of the publishing media house Krause.
- New Brunswick
- Echo Sunday ( Harzkurier Verlagsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG )
The publisher is becoming increasingly involved in digital media. In addition to the news portals of the newspaper titles such as braunschweiger - zeitung.de who had early 2012 newsclick.de replaced the previous news portal, harzkurier.de and advertising papers such as nb- online.de, operates the BZV Media GmbH immo38.de ( real estate portal), auto38.de (car market portal), job38.de ( Jobs portal), flohmarkt38.de ( classifieds portal), deal38.de ( couponing portal), prospekt38.de (digital supplements portal), flirt38.de ( Dating portal), szene38.de (Scene portal), mein38.de ( industries and directory portal), studi38.de ( student magazine portal), sozial38.de ( commitment portal ) and konzertkasse.de ( ticketing portal). According to IVW the total area radius of the digital activities of BZV Media House GmbH is around 1.8 million visits and 14 million page impressions. The AGOF points from a range of 500,000 unique users.
Since December 2012, the e-paper edition of the newspaper is also available as an app for Android and iOS. At the same time introduced the BZV Media House GmbH as one of the first major regional newspaper publishers in Germany a freemium Metered paywall for their news portals. Since then, users can use monthly 15 articles free of charge; A further use is chargeable.
On October 1, 1945 in the publishing house of the former country newspaper Braunschweiger Braunschweiger Neue Presse, "published by the British military government " was established. Chief Editor was Fritz singer who later dpa- editor in chief. The first issue - four pages of text with no ads - appeared on October 12, 1945 The first edition of the Braunschweiger Zeitung was on January 8, 1946 available. . The publisher Hans Eckensberger got the necessary newspaper license on January 6, 1946 as the second publisher in the British occupation zone. Singer was taken and was thus also the first editor of the Braunschweiger Zeitung. He retained this position until October 1, 1946, which held for him, among others, the Brunswick Herald Arnold Rabbow.
Initially, the Braunschweiger Zeitung appeared due to the prevailing paper ran only twice a week, three times a week from November 1947 and since September 1949 daily. By June 1981, the Braunschweiger Zeitung was printed on Hutfiltern in downtown Brunswick. Today, all departments are established in the press building between Hamburger Straße and middle ground in the north of Braunschweig. The old press house was converted into a shopping center Burgpassage. In the city center a BZ- office at Packhofstraße is still resident in the Schlossarkaden BZ concert checkout. Since February 2013, the new printing of the Hanseatic road in the north of Brunswick is in operation, the printing between Hamburger Straße and balance should therefore also soft as the local publishing house with connected canteen. Demolished on the grounds of the end of 2010, the former " Public Library " at the Long Street in the center of Braunschweig is currently being built the new publishing house of BZV Media GmbH, which in the summer of 2014 is expected to be ready for occupancy.
Since the end of January 2007, the Braunschweiger Zeitung Verlag is part of the WAZ group, today Funke media group after all the shareholders had sold mainly the Hamburg publishing family Voigt their shares. With the not yet transferred 25 percent of Norddeutsche Landesbank, the entire purchase price is estimated at 210 million euros. In 2008, the newspaper received the "Local Journalism Prize " of the Konrad Adenauer Foundation.
As a precursor to the Braunschweiger Zeitung several published by the printing house Limbach newspapers are: the published twice a week Braunschweiger reform ( 1867 to? ), The 1880-1936 published Braunschweigische country newspaper and the 1886-1941 published Brunswick town scoreboard, which was renamed in 1906 in Braunschweig General Gazette been.
More Brunswick Newspapers
In the 17th century a weekly newspaper was relocated to Braunschweig from Andreas Duncker. It consisted, under different titles up in 1785.
1745, Duke Charles I of Brunswick newspaper ads, which was renamed in 1923 in Brunswick State newspaper and in 1934 was transferred under political pressure in the National Socialist, published from 1931 until April 1945 Braunschweiger newspaper.
1848-1866 appeared in Braunschweig the German Reich newspaper publisher Eduard Vieweg, which was preceded by 1831-1840 the German National Newspapers from Braunschweig and Hanover.
1865-1897 there was the Brunswick Tageblatt.
1871, Wilhelm Bracke as SPD organ Braunschweig's Friend of the People. The newspaper was banned in 1933 by the Nazis. In the same year was also banned appearing since 1920 New Arbeiter-Zeitung. After the war ended in 1945 appeared instead of the Brunswick Volksfreund as SPD near daily newspaper for the country Braunschweig Braunschweig press. Editing, printing and publishing were in Brunswick Volksfreund house of the SPD, the so-called Red Castle. On 30 June 1972 it was discontinued.
Complaints to the Press Council
For their reporting in connection with the partial restoration of Brunswick Palace, the Braunschweiger Zeitung got issued a reprimand by the German Press Council on 3 March 2005:
In the same context, the Press said two disapprovals from the two articles "Castle plans are ready ", 10 April 2004, " lawsuit over Schloss-Arkaden " of 20 September 2004, have claimed Contrary to reality, " to The Mall also in 1960 demolished Brunswick residential palace be reconstructed to a large extent ".