Life and work
Chuck Flores studied with Shelly Manne and played with Ike Carpenter and Maynard Ferguson, in 1954/55, Woody Herman, 1954 in Paris with Cy Touff & The Third Herdsmen and with Dick Collins. He then worked mainly freelance in California, with Bud Shank 1956, Art Pepper and other musicians from the West Coast jazz scene. In 1961, he worked with Claude Williamson, in the 1970s, he accompanied the singer Carmen McRae on her album the Great American Songbook. 1977 created a new project in a quintet, Flower Drum on Enja Records.
- Art Pepper: Modern Art ( Blue Note, 1956-57 )
- Bud Shank: Blowin 'Country ( Blue Note, 1956-57 )
- The Third Herdsmen: The Vogue Sessions (Vogue, 1954)
- Martin Kunzler: jazz lexicon. Rowohlt, Reinbek 1988.
- Richard Cook & Brian Morton: The Penguin Guide To Jazz On CD, 2nd Edition. Penguin, London 1994 & 6th Edition, 2002 ISBN 0-14-017949-6.
- Bielefeld catalog 1988 & 2002
- Jazz drummer
- American musician
- Born in 1935