Deegree (proper spelling deegree ) is a free Java framework for the management and representation of geographic data. The software implements specifications of the Open Geospatial Consortium ( OGC) and ISO (ISO / TC 211). The extensive software is licensed under the LGPL and originated from a project called " Iago ". Deegree is a joint project of the company lat / lon and the Institute of Geography of the University of Bonn.
- 4.1 iGeoDesktop
Deegree allows, for example geographical data in databases such as PostGIS or Oracle Spatial to manage, with metadata, this query via frontends and manipulate and manage rights to certain views of a map.
Deegree implemented following OGC services:
- The Web Map Service ( WMS) is primarily used to display geographic data in a web application. In addition Deegree also sign regulations called Styled Layer Description can be specified in order to visualize the data accordingly. Currently, the deegree WMS is the reference implementation of the WMS specification 1.1.1 and 1.3 of the OGC.
- Web Coverage Service ( WCS)
- Web Feature Service (WFS )
- Web Catalogue Service (CSW )
- Web Terrain Service or Web Perspective View Service
- Sensor Observation Service ( SOS)
IGeoPortal is a browser- based client which runs on top the services WMS, WFS and Proxy Service and mainly used to control the WMS.
DeeJUMP is a Java Desktop Client with the services WMS and WFS can be used.
IGeoDesktop is a platform independent desktop GIS. It is possible, vector and raster data, as well as OGC services etc. WMS and WFS integrate.