Her international debut was in 1981. Beginning of the 1990s, she experienced the height of their athletic career. At the World Cup in 1990 in Västerås and the World Cup 1991 in Winnipeg Nordby played in the position of the skip and won both times the world title; Moreover, it was established in 1990 in Lillehammer also European champion. Although Nordby could not quite match these successes, but held on to the world's best and won numerous other medals. At the European Championships in 1999 in Chamonix, it was the second time European champion.
Nordby represented Norway at the 1988 Winter Games in Calgary and at the Winter Games in Albertville in 1992. However, the obtained bronze and silver medals have no official status, since curling was still a demonstration sport. In Nagano in 1998 and 2002 they finished fifth in Salt Lake City Seventh.
Nordby 's athlete ambassador of development organization Right to Play.
- World Champion 1990 and 1991
- European Champion 1990 and 1999
- 2nd place World Cup 1989, 1997, 2004
- 2nd place European Championships 1990, 2000
- 3rd place World Cup 1993, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2002
- 3rd place European Championships 1985, 1987, 1993, 1994, 2002, 2003