You ʿ a ( Arabic دعاء, DMG ʿ ā ʾ You ) describes the personal form of supplication or thanks to prayer in Islam. One can for yourself, for someone else, or as protection against someone else you formulate a ʿ a.
A You ʿ a can be spoken at any time day or night - in contrast to the ritual prayer that is prescribed for the Muslim to specified times.
During prayer the Muslim has a clear choice of words, Koranic texts, or extracts from traditions after the Prophet but often used.
In the Koran the word always occurs in its original meaning of "please", "call", so among other things, as asking for good ( 41:49 ), or as a turning to God, if the people bad has happened to ( 41:51 ). Likewise, there is the mention that the supplication of the Prophet was accepted (Abraham, 14:39; Zacharias, 3:38 f.) On the other is called that you ʿ a is those who do not follow Islam misses, ( 13:14 ) and when it is addressed to other than God, would never adopted ( 35:14 ). Also found in the Qur'an the common naming of the ritual prayer and supplication duty ( 14:40 ).
In many hadiths by the Prophet Mohammed is the ʿ you a mention, its importance have processed many traditionists and jurists in their works.
You can also draw a clear demarcation to the dhikr, which is rather directed inward while the You ʿ a is a formulated Please enclose.
The recommendation on Du ʿ a is often associated with certain recommended conditions and manners ( adab ) to ensure the widest possible view of the adoption of the Solicited. Here, as conditions, inter alia, called:
- Only eat products that are halal
- Please be the adoption of certain
- When you refuse to be distracted ʿ
- The petitions should not lead to sin, cause hostility between family members, or infringe the rights of a Muslim
- Not ask for anything (logically) impossible, as this constitutes a lack of respect for God
Among the manners include:
- Select best times, inter alia, while prostrating in prayer, Adhan and Iqama between
- Previously perform the ritual washing, let the prayer go ahead about the obligatory prayer and the confession of their own wrong doings and repentance
- To position themselves in prayer direction
- Raise their hands to the sky while
One important consideration when you ʿ a are the basmala at the beginning and the blessings for the Prophet Mohammed for the Muslim.